Mar 6, 2013, 7:49 PM EDT
It didn’t take long for Toronto and Ottawa to renew acquaintances on Wednesday night.
Just 26 seconds into the latest edition of the Battle of Ontario, Sens forward David Dziurzynski got into his first ever NHL scrap with Leafs tough guy Frazer McLaren — a decision that didn’t bode well for the Ottawa rookie:
Dzuirzynski was helped off the ice and went to the Sens’ dressing room. The team’s official Twitter account said they’d update his status.
What’s noteworthy here is that, despite the fact Orr’s been with Toronto since 2009 and Neil with Ottawa since 2001, these two have only fought each other once before.
So, onto Round 2…
Update: According to Dave Feschuk of the Toronto Star, Dziurzynski has a concussion and won’t return.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 10
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 32
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25