Mar 6, 2013, 7:49 PM EST
It didn’t take long for Toronto and Ottawa to renew acquaintances on Wednesday night.
Just 26 seconds into the latest edition of the Battle of Ontario, Sens forward David Dziurzynski got into his first ever NHL scrap with Leafs tough guy Frazer McLaren — a decision that didn’t bode well for the Ottawa rookie:
Dzuirzynski was helped off the ice and went to the Sens’ dressing room. The team’s official Twitter account said they’d update his status.
What’s noteworthy here is that, despite the fact Orr’s been with Toronto since 2009 and Neil with Ottawa since 2001, these two have only fought each other once before.
So, onto Round 2…
Update: According to Dave Feschuk of the Toronto Star, Dziurzynski has a concussion and won’t return.
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 6
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 23
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3