Mar 6, 2013, 7:49 PM EDT
It didn’t take long for Toronto and Ottawa to renew acquaintances on Wednesday night.
Just 26 seconds into the latest edition of the Battle of Ontario, Sens forward David Dziurzynski got into his first ever NHL scrap with Leafs tough guy Frazer McLaren — a decision that didn’t bode well for the Ottawa rookie:
Dzuirzynski was helped off the ice and went to the Sens’ dressing room. The team’s official Twitter account said they’d update his status.
What’s noteworthy here is that, despite the fact Orr’s been with Toronto since 2009 and Neil with Ottawa since 2001, these two have only fought each other once before.
So, onto Round 2…
Update: According to Dave Feschuk of the Toronto Star, Dziurzynski has a concussion and won’t return.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 20
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 51
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39