Mar 6, 2013, 7:49 PM EDT
It didn’t take long for Toronto and Ottawa to renew acquaintances on Wednesday night.
Just 26 seconds into the latest edition of the Battle of Ontario, Sens forward David Dziurzynski got into his first ever NHL scrap with Leafs tough guy Frazer McLaren — a decision that didn’t bode well for the Ottawa rookie:
Dzuirzynski was helped off the ice and went to the Sens’ dressing room. The team’s official Twitter account said they’d update his status.
What’s noteworthy here is that, despite the fact Orr’s been with Toronto since 2009 and Neil with Ottawa since 2001, these two have only fought each other once before.
So, onto Round 2…
Update: According to Dave Feschuk of the Toronto Star, Dziurzynski has a concussion and won’t return.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18