Mar 6, 2013, 7:49 PM EST
It didn’t take long for Toronto and Ottawa to renew acquaintances on Wednesday night.
Just 26 seconds into the latest edition of the Battle of Ontario, Sens forward David Dziurzynski got into his first ever NHL scrap with Leafs tough guy Frazer McLaren — a decision that didn’t bode well for the Ottawa rookie:
Dzuirzynski was helped off the ice and went to the Sens’ dressing room. The team’s official Twitter account said they’d update his status.
What’s noteworthy here is that, despite the fact Orr’s been with Toronto since 2009 and Neil with Ottawa since 2001, these two have only fought each other once before.
So, onto Round 2…
Update: According to Dave Feschuk of the Toronto Star, Dziurzynski has a concussion and won’t return.
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 10
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 40
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (40)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)