Mar 6, 2013, 11:41 PM EST
It’s rare occurrence for a streaker in a hockey game. But, it happens.
Twitter erupted moments ago with reports of a streaker taking to the ice during the second intermission of the Calgary Flames-San Jose Sharks game in Calgary.
He wasn’t fully naked, according to Twitter reports.
Streaker alert. Poor buddy (in shorts, mind you) made it all the way to centre ice before the "ice patrol" snagged him. A good 30 second run—
Kristen Odland (@KristenOdlandCH) March 07, 2013
Updated with video (h/t Puck Daddy):
This isn’t the first time this has happened at a Flames game. One infamous incident occurred in October of 2002, when a fan – wearing only red socks – slipped on the ice and hit his head, knocking himself unconscious. He needed to be taken off the ice on a stretcher.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 13
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 76
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 4
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (86)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)