Mar 6, 2013, 11:41 PM EDT
It’s rare occurrence for a streaker in a hockey game. But, it happens.
Twitter erupted moments ago with reports of a streaker taking to the ice during the second intermission of the Calgary Flames-San Jose Sharks game in Calgary.
He wasn’t fully naked, according to Twitter reports.
Streaker alert. Poor buddy (in shorts, mind you) made it all the way to centre ice before the "ice patrol" snagged him. A good 30 second run—
Kristen Odland (@KristenOdlandCH) March 07, 2013
Updated with video (h/t Puck Daddy):
This isn’t the first time this has happened at a Flames game. One infamous incident occurred in October of 2002, when a fan – wearing only red socks – slipped on the ice and hit his head, knocking himself unconscious. He needed to be taken off the ice on a stretcher.
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year 3
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 22
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 48
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 2
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)