Mar 6, 2013, 7:14 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
If the New York Rangers and/or Los Angeles Kings fail to make the playoffs, it could potentially be a huge victory for the Columbus Blue Jackets thanks to the new draft lottery system. (Toronto Star)
Even though New Jersey Devils goaltender Johan Hedberg was pulled in the second period of Tuesday’s game, he will start in his seventh straight contest on Thursday. Martin Brodeur is still day-to-day with a back injury. (New Jersey Online)
Pittsburgh Penguins defenseman Paul Martin took part in Tuesday’s practice, but he isn’t sure if he’ll be available on Thursday. The 32-year-old hasn’t played since Feb. 28 due to a lower body injury. (Penguins.nhl.com)
Los Angeles coach Darryl Sutter thinks his squad was “awesome” at being the quicker team early in Monday’s contest against the Nashville Predators, even if the Kings only had six shots on goal through 40 minutes. The Kings ended up with just 16 shots on goal, but that’s easy to shrug off when you still win 5-1. (LA Kings Insider)
Speaking of prospects, 20-year-old Mark Stone (broken finger) should be ready to play in his first regular season NHL game in the near future. He made his NHL debut during the 2012 playoffs and assisted on Jason Spezza‘s goal in Game 5 of Ottawa’s first round series against the New York Rangers. (Ottawa Citizen)
St. Louis Blues forward Patrik Berglund has just three assists in 22 games, but that doesn’t bother him much or coach Ken Hitchcock. As Hitchcock put it, Berglund is a shooter, not a playmaker, although he could improve when it comes to distributing the puck during rushes. (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
Before Tuesday’s game, the Detroit Red Wings talked about how they were feeling confident despite their recent lack of goals. Then they justified those feelings with a 2-1 victory over the Colorado Avalanche. (Detroit Free Press)
Here are the highlights from the New York Rangers’ 4-2 victory over the Philadelphia Flyers.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Apr 19, 2015, 2:51 AM EDT
It will be interesting to see what happens as this series heads to Winnipeg.
Apr 19, 2015, 1:40 AM EDT
Series shifts back to Winnipeg.
Apr 19, 2015, 12:41 AM EDT
Had a dominant performance in Game 2.
Apr 18, 2015, 11:56 PM EDT
Anaheim’s veteran forward received a minor penalty on the play.
Apr 18, 2015, 11:13 PM EDT
“I think I bring a really good winning attitude and I have a lot to offer offensively.”
Apr 18, 2015, 11:09 PM EDT
Sidney Crosby scored twice and that helps.
Apr 18, 2015, 10:20 PM EDT
Had one goal in 19 playoff games prior to Saturday.
Apr 18, 2015, 9:25 PM EDT
These teams combined for eight shots in the opening period.
Apr 18, 2015, 9:08 PM EDT
Craig MacTavish has some decisions to make, now that he’s won the Connor McDavid sweepstakes.
Apr 18, 2015, 8:39 PM EDT
St. Louis with the win.
Apr 18, 2015, 8:26 PM EDT
Edmonton wins the Connor McDavid sweeps.
Apr 18, 2015, 7:33 PM EDT
Can the Penguins and Jets even things up?
Apr 18, 2015, 7:01 PM EDT
Not wasting any time.
Apr 18, 2015, 6:30 PM EDT
This series is all tied up at 1-1.
Apr 18, 2015, 6:06 PM EDT
Mrazek pulled after two periods.
Apr 18, 2015, 5:44 PM EDT
Deryk Engelland’s game misconduct for instigating was rescinded.
Apr 18, 2015, 5:15 PM EDT
Enter Jimmy Howard.
Apr 18, 2015, 4:23 PM EDT
He has his first two of these playoffs.
Apr 18, 2015, 4:13 PM EDT
Congrats to Pullar Stadium and War Memorial Arena.
Apr 18, 2015, 4:13 PM EDT
Congrats to Decatur and St. Michael-Albertville.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)