Mar 6, 2013, 7:14 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
If the New York Rangers and/or Los Angeles Kings fail to make the playoffs, it could potentially be a huge victory for the Columbus Blue Jackets thanks to the new draft lottery system. (Toronto Star)
Even though New Jersey Devils goaltender Johan Hedberg was pulled in the second period of Tuesday’s game, he will start in his seventh straight contest on Thursday. Martin Brodeur is still day-to-day with a back injury. (New Jersey Online)
Pittsburgh Penguins defenseman Paul Martin took part in Tuesday’s practice, but he isn’t sure if he’ll be available on Thursday. The 32-year-old hasn’t played since Feb. 28 due to a lower body injury. (Penguins.nhl.com)
Los Angeles coach Darryl Sutter thinks his squad was “awesome” at being the quicker team early in Monday’s contest against the Nashville Predators, even if the Kings only had six shots on goal through 40 minutes. The Kings ended up with just 16 shots on goal, but that’s easy to shrug off when you still win 5-1. (LA Kings Insider)
Speaking of prospects, 20-year-old Mark Stone (broken finger) should be ready to play in his first regular season NHL game in the near future. He made his NHL debut during the 2012 playoffs and assisted on Jason Spezza‘s goal in Game 5 of Ottawa’s first round series against the New York Rangers. (Ottawa Citizen)
St. Louis Blues forward Patrik Berglund has just three assists in 22 games, but that doesn’t bother him much or coach Ken Hitchcock. As Hitchcock put it, Berglund is a shooter, not a playmaker, although he could improve when it comes to distributing the puck during rushes. (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
Before Tuesday’s game, the Detroit Red Wings talked about how they were feeling confident despite their recent lack of goals. Then they justified those feelings with a 2-1 victory over the Colorado Avalanche. (Detroit Free Press)
Here are the highlights from the New York Rangers’ 4-2 victory over the Philadelphia Flyers.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Mar 28, 2015, 2:16 AM EDT
A round-up of scores from Friday’s NCAA action.
Mar 28, 2015, 12:52 AM EDT
Their in Vancouver to face the Canucks on Saturday.
Mar 28, 2015, 12:08 AM EDT
Crawford pulled in the first period.
Mar 27, 2015, 11:28 PM EDT
Crawford was pulled late in the first period.
Mar 27, 2015, 10:55 PM EDT
That’s a blow to Calgary’s post-season hopes.
Mar 27, 2015, 10:00 PM EDT
Nine points since joining Florida.
Mar 27, 2015, 9:17 PM EDT
Not a great start for Chicago.
Mar 27, 2015, 8:47 PM EDT
The club says he’s expected to make a full recovery.
Mar 27, 2015, 8:00 PM EDT
New York plays twice this weekend.
Mar 27, 2015, 7:15 PM EDT
They play in Philadelphia on Saturday.
Mar 27, 2015, 6:24 PM EDT
Hasn’t played since Feb. 24.
Mar 27, 2015, 5:25 PM EDT
Terriers move one step closer to the Frozen Four.
Mar 27, 2015, 5:01 PM EDT
“In the middle of the ice in our system, it’s a lot of work.”
Mar 27, 2015, 4:34 PM EDT
And, quite possibly, for the remainder of the season.
Mar 27, 2015, 4:06 PM EDT
Nail-biting time for Bruins fans.
Mar 27, 2015, 3:35 PM EDT
Joins Pavel Datsyuk and Erik Cole on the shelf.
Mar 27, 2015, 2:33 PM EDT
Mar 27, 2015, 2:23 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Mar 27, 2015, 2:05 PM EDT
26-15-5 in their last 46 games.
Mar 27, 2015, 12:36 PM EDT
Washington sophomore now $2,000 lighter in the pocket.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 56
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)