Mar 6, 2013, 7:14 AM EST
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
If the New York Rangers and/or Los Angeles Kings fail to make the playoffs, it could potentially be a huge victory for the Columbus Blue Jackets thanks to the new draft lottery system. (Toronto Star)
Even though New Jersey Devils goaltender Johan Hedberg was pulled in the second period of Tuesday’s game, he will start in his seventh straight contest on Thursday. Martin Brodeur is still day-to-day with a back injury. (New Jersey Online)
Pittsburgh Penguins defenseman Paul Martin took part in Tuesday’s practice, but he isn’t sure if he’ll be available on Thursday. The 32-year-old hasn’t played since Feb. 28 due to a lower body injury. (Penguins.nhl.com)
Los Angeles coach Darryl Sutter thinks his squad was “awesome” at being the quicker team early in Monday’s contest against the Nashville Predators, even if the Kings only had six shots on goal through 40 minutes. The Kings ended up with just 16 shots on goal, but that’s easy to shrug off when you still win 5-1. (LA Kings Insider)
Speaking of prospects, 20-year-old Mark Stone (broken finger) should be ready to play in his first regular season NHL game in the near future. He made his NHL debut during the 2012 playoffs and assisted on Jason Spezza‘s goal in Game 5 of Ottawa’s first round series against the New York Rangers. (Ottawa Citizen)
St. Louis Blues forward Patrik Berglund has just three assists in 22 games, but that doesn’t bother him much or coach Ken Hitchcock. As Hitchcock put it, Berglund is a shooter, not a playmaker, although he could improve when it comes to distributing the puck during rushes. (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
Before Tuesday’s game, the Detroit Red Wings talked about how they were feeling confident despite their recent lack of goals. Then they justified those feelings with a 2-1 victory over the Colorado Avalanche. (Detroit Free Press)
Here are the highlights from the New York Rangers’ 4-2 victory over the Philadelphia Flyers.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Nov 22, 2014, 1:45 AM EST
Nov 22, 2014, 12:40 AM EST
Booed off the ice at the end of this game.
Nov 21, 2014, 11:52 PM EST
It was nice.
Nov 21, 2014, 11:29 PM EST
Going from bad to worse for Edmonton.
Nov 21, 2014, 10:51 PM EST
Lucic didn’t drop his gloves. Prout did. History between these two.
Nov 21, 2014, 10:17 PM EST
There’s a history between these two.
Nov 21, 2014, 10:02 PM EST
Columbus was leading 2-0 at the time.
Nov 21, 2014, 9:40 PM EST
Ranks seventh in the NHL in ice time.
Nov 21, 2014, 8:49 PM EST
Possible headbutt in this fight?
Nov 21, 2014, 8:11 PM EST
They’ve won big and they’ve lost big.
Nov 21, 2014, 7:14 PM EST
A San Jose draft pick from 2008.
Nov 21, 2014, 6:37 PM EST
Avs call up a trio of players from the AHL.
Nov 21, 2014, 5:31 PM EST
“I really feel bad for him. It appears his parents mismanaged his money.”
Nov 21, 2014, 4:40 PM EST
Pursuant to the “Bona Fide Long-Term Injury Exception” section of the CBA.
Nov 21, 2014, 4:21 PM EST
That’s a guy shoveling snow off his roof in Buffalo.
Nov 21, 2014, 3:43 PM EST
D-man for d-man.
Nov 21, 2014, 3:17 PM EST
Currently out of the playoff picture in the Western Conference.
Nov 21, 2014, 2:29 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Nov 21, 2014, 2:21 PM EST
Even coach DeBoer is surprised a backup hasn’t started yet.
Nov 21, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
Veteran Avs forward won’t play Saturday against Carolina.
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 0
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 17
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 29
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 30
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 17
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 75
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 13
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (75)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (43)