Mar 6, 2013, 5:16 PM EDT
Remember Ville Leino? Used to play for the Flyers? Then signed that big contract with the Sabres? Then struggled?
It may be a while since you last thought of Leino, because it’s been a while since April 7, 2012, which is the last time he played an NHL game.
But according to the Buffalo News, the 29-year-old forward says he’s targeting Sunday in Philadelphia as a possible return date from a hip injury.
Once Leino does get back to action, he’ll hope to dramatically improve his performance from last season, when he scored just eight goals in 71 games.
Leino’s six-year, $27 million contract runs through 2016-17.
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 4
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 27
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 27
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 25