Mar 6, 2013, 5:16 PM EST
Remember Ville Leino? Used to play for the Flyers? Then signed that big contract with the Sabres? Then struggled?
It may be a while since you last thought of Leino, because it’s been a while since April 7, 2012, which is the last time he played an NHL game.
But according to the Buffalo News, the 29-year-old forward says he’s targeting Sunday in Philadelphia as a possible return date from a hip injury.
Once Leino does get back to action, he’ll hope to dramatically improve his performance from last season, when he scored just eight goals in 71 games.
Leino’s six-year, $27 million contract runs through 2016-17.
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 0
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 0
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9