Mar 6, 2013, 5:16 PM EDT
Remember Ville Leino? Used to play for the Flyers? Then signed that big contract with the Sabres? Then struggled?
It may be a while since you last thought of Leino, because it’s been a while since April 7, 2012, which is the last time he played an NHL game.
But according to the Buffalo News, the 29-year-old forward says he’s targeting Sunday in Philadelphia as a possible return date from a hip injury.
Once Leino does get back to action, he’ll hope to dramatically improve his performance from last season, when he scored just eight goals in 71 games.
Leino’s six-year, $27 million contract runs through 2016-17.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5