Mar 6, 2013, 5:16 PM EST
Remember Ville Leino? Used to play for the Flyers? Then signed that big contract with the Sabres? Then struggled?
It may be a while since you last thought of Leino, because it’s been a while since April 7, 2012, which is the last time he played an NHL game.
But according to the Buffalo News, the 29-year-old forward says he’s targeting Sunday in Philadelphia as a possible return date from a hip injury.
Once Leino does get back to action, he’ll hope to dramatically improve his performance from last season, when he scored just eight goals in 71 games.
Leino’s six-year, $27 million contract runs through 2016-17.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 41
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (43)