Mar 6, 2013, 2:46 PM EDT
The New York Rangers have yet to offer an update on the condition of Marc Staal, but Staal’s brother on the Carolina Hurricanes, Eric, told NHL.com that more time is needed before anything is known for sure.
“It’s hard to say now. They’re just waiting for the swelling to go down,” said Eric, who reportedly spoke to Marc on Wednesday morning. “He sounded like he was in OK spirits but we don’t know a lot right now. Obviously we’re saying prayers and hoping he dodged a bullet as far as being struck in that area. We’ll know more with some more time.”
Marc was struck in the eye with a puck last night at Madison Square Garden — an incident that has reignited the debate over visors and whether they should be mandatory.
The Rangers did claim defenseman Roman Hamrlik off waivers from Washington today, though it’s not known if the move was related to Staal’s injury.
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 0
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 14
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 13
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)