Mar 6, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
The big three are back together.
That was the word out of Anaheim on Wednesday as Ducks head coach Bruce Boudreau reunited Corey Perry, Ryan Getzlaf and Bobby Ryan on the same line in advance of tonight’s game against Phoenix.
Ryan will skate at left wing on the top line, a position that’s been something of a revolving door this season with the likes of Matt Beleskey, Kyle Palmieri, Daniel Winnik and Emerson Etem all getting a spin.
“By now we’ve played with everybody,” Getzlaf told NHL.com. “Generally we play a puck-possession game, so everybody who steps on our line knows that. They’ve got to come in and work, and we’ve got to try and work with them.”
The “RPG” line reached its apex during the 2010-11 season, which played a key role in Perry winning the Hart and Maurice Richard Trophies.
The trio combined to notch 245 points, with Ryan and Perry both hitting career highs (with 71 and 98 points, respectively.)
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5