Mar 6, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
The big three are back together.
That was the word out of Anaheim on Wednesday as Ducks head coach Bruce Boudreau reunited Corey Perry, Ryan Getzlaf and Bobby Ryan on the same line in advance of tonight’s game against Phoenix.
Ryan will skate at left wing on the top line, a position that’s been something of a revolving door this season with the likes of Matt Beleskey, Kyle Palmieri, Daniel Winnik and Emerson Etem all getting a spin.
“By now we’ve played with everybody,” Getzlaf told NHL.com. “Generally we play a puck-possession game, so everybody who steps on our line knows that. They’ve got to come in and work, and we’ve got to try and work with them.”
The “RPG” line reached its apex during the 2010-11 season, which played a key role in Perry winning the Hart and Maurice Richard Trophies.
The trio combined to notch 245 points, with Ryan and Perry both hitting career highs (with 71 and 98 points, respectively.)
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 0
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 8
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 4
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)