Mar 6, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
The big three are back together.
That was the word out of Anaheim on Wednesday as Ducks head coach Bruce Boudreau reunited Corey Perry, Ryan Getzlaf and Bobby Ryan on the same line in advance of tonight’s game against Phoenix.
Ryan will skate at left wing on the top line, a position that’s been something of a revolving door this season with the likes of Matt Beleskey, Kyle Palmieri, Daniel Winnik and Emerson Etem all getting a spin.
“By now we’ve played with everybody,” Getzlaf told NHL.com. “Generally we play a puck-possession game, so everybody who steps on our line knows that. They’ve got to come in and work, and we’ve got to try and work with them.”
The “RPG” line reached its apex during the 2010-11 season, which played a key role in Perry winning the Hart and Maurice Richard Trophies.
The trio combined to notch 245 points, with Ryan and Perry both hitting career highs (with 71 and 98 points, respectively.)
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)