Mar 6, 2013, 5:00 PM EST
The big three are back together.
That was the word out of Anaheim on Wednesday as Ducks head coach Bruce Boudreau reunited Corey Perry, Ryan Getzlaf and Bobby Ryan on the same line in advance of tonight’s game against Phoenix.
Ryan will skate at left wing on the top line, a position that’s been something of a revolving door this season with the likes of Matt Beleskey, Kyle Palmieri, Daniel Winnik and Emerson Etem all getting a spin.
“By now we’ve played with everybody,” Getzlaf told NHL.com. “Generally we play a puck-possession game, so everybody who steps on our line knows that. They’ve got to come in and work, and we’ve got to try and work with them.”
The “RPG” line reached its apex during the 2010-11 season, which played a key role in Perry winning the Hart and Maurice Richard Trophies.
The trio combined to notch 245 points, with Ryan and Perry both hitting career highs (with 71 and 98 points, respectively.)
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 15
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 21
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 62
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 30
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17