Mar 6, 2013, 9:51 AM EST
The St. Louis Blues got off to a 6-1-0 start this season amid expectations that they would be able to build off of their breakout 2011-12 campaign.
After Tuesday’s monumental collapse to the Los Angeles Kings, the Blues are now 5-8-2 since the start of February.
Blues GM Doug Armstrong has been looking for ways to end their fall and recently expressed an interest in 38-year-old free agent center Jason Arnott. Now it looks like they might try something a bit more drastic.
This move either means that one of the Blues’ goaltenders is suffering from an injury that hasn’t been revealed yet (both played in Tuesday’s loss) or the team is looking to shake up the status quo.
Elliott has allowed at least four goals in each of his last five starts dating back to Feb. 5. He kicked out seven of eight shots yesterday after Halak surrendered four unanswered goals to give Los Angeles the lead.
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 12
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 53
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)