Mar 6, 2013, 9:51 AM EDT
The St. Louis Blues got off to a 6-1-0 start this season amid expectations that they would be able to build off of their breakout 2011-12 campaign.
After Tuesday’s monumental collapse to the Los Angeles Kings, the Blues are now 5-8-2 since the start of February.
Blues GM Doug Armstrong has been looking for ways to end their fall and recently expressed an interest in 38-year-old free agent center Jason Arnott. Now it looks like they might try something a bit more drastic.
This move either means that one of the Blues’ goaltenders is suffering from an injury that hasn’t been revealed yet (both played in Tuesday’s loss) or the team is looking to shake up the status quo.
Elliott has allowed at least four goals in each of his last five starts dating back to Feb. 5. He kicked out seven of eight shots yesterday after Halak surrendered four unanswered goals to give Los Angeles the lead.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 16
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)