Mar 6, 2013, 9:51 AM EST
The St. Louis Blues got off to a 6-1-0 start this season amid expectations that they would be able to build off of their breakout 2011-12 campaign.
After Tuesday’s monumental collapse to the Los Angeles Kings, the Blues are now 5-8-2 since the start of February.
Blues GM Doug Armstrong has been looking for ways to end their fall and recently expressed an interest in 38-year-old free agent center Jason Arnott. Now it looks like they might try something a bit more drastic.
This move either means that one of the Blues’ goaltenders is suffering from an injury that hasn’t been revealed yet (both played in Tuesday’s loss) or the team is looking to shake up the status quo.
Elliott has allowed at least four goals in each of his last five starts dating back to Feb. 5. He kicked out seven of eight shots yesterday after Halak surrendered four unanswered goals to give Los Angeles the lead.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 12
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 77
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2