Mar 6, 2013, 9:51 AM EST
The St. Louis Blues got off to a 6-1-0 start this season amid expectations that they would be able to build off of their breakout 2011-12 campaign.
After Tuesday’s monumental collapse to the Los Angeles Kings, the Blues are now 5-8-2 since the start of February.
Blues GM Doug Armstrong has been looking for ways to end their fall and recently expressed an interest in 38-year-old free agent center Jason Arnott. Now it looks like they might try something a bit more drastic.
This move either means that one of the Blues’ goaltenders is suffering from an injury that hasn’t been revealed yet (both played in Tuesday’s loss) or the team is looking to shake up the status quo.
Elliott has allowed at least four goals in each of his last five starts dating back to Feb. 5. He kicked out seven of eight shots yesterday after Halak surrendered four unanswered goals to give Los Angeles the lead.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 4
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 6
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 25
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)