Mar 6, 2013, 9:51 AM EDT
The St. Louis Blues got off to a 6-1-0 start this season amid expectations that they would be able to build off of their breakout 2011-12 campaign.
After Tuesday’s monumental collapse to the Los Angeles Kings, the Blues are now 5-8-2 since the start of February.
Blues GM Doug Armstrong has been looking for ways to end their fall and recently expressed an interest in 38-year-old free agent center Jason Arnott. Now it looks like they might try something a bit more drastic.
This move either means that one of the Blues’ goaltenders is suffering from an injury that hasn’t been revealed yet (both played in Tuesday’s loss) or the team is looking to shake up the status quo.
Elliott has allowed at least four goals in each of his last five starts dating back to Feb. 5. He kicked out seven of eight shots yesterday after Halak surrendered four unanswered goals to give Los Angeles the lead.
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 0
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 3
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 9
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 8
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 17
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (51)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)