Mar 6, 2013, 11:06 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks hit the midway point of their truncated 2013 season on Wednesday.
They have still yet to lose in regulation, 24 games into their schedule. On Wednesday, they defeated the Colorado Avalanche 3-2, thanks to a goal from Dan Carcillo with 50 seconds remaining in the third period. Earlier in the period, Jonathan Toews scored short-handed to tie the game at 2-2.
That’s now 11 wins in a row, in case people have started to lose count. The Blackhawks’ undefeated streak dating back to last March is now at 30 games, and closing in on the NHL record of 35 games without a regulation loss held by the Philadelphia Flyers from 1979-80.
Chicago’s record now stands at 21-0-3.
And they defeated the Avalanche without the services of 34-year-old winger Marian Hossa, who was scratched from the line-up with an upper-body injury.
Prior to Wednesday’s game, Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville appeared on the Dan Patrick Show to talk about his team’s current streak and everything it encompasses.
There is even a debate about which streak – the Blackhawks’ now 24 games without a regulation loss to begin the season or the NBA’s Miami Heat’s 15 wins in a row – is better. Again, we ask: ‘Hawks or Heat: Who ya got?
Jan 31, 2015, 2:00 AM EST
Anaheim has now lost two straight in regulation for the first time since November.
Jan 31, 2015, 1:15 AM EST
Sabres conclude January with an 0-12-0 record.
Jan 31, 2015, 12:15 AM EST
Shattenkirk had the shootout winner.
Jan 30, 2015, 11:35 PM EST
He’s now tied with Dino Ciccarelli on the all-time points list.
Jan 30, 2015, 11:00 PM EST
Kris Letang has assisted on Pittsburgh’s last seven goals.
Jan 30, 2015, 10:15 PM EST
Mark Hunter has also been a rumored replacement.
Jan 30, 2015, 9:30 PM EST
He’s a restricted free agent after this season.
Jan 30, 2015, 8:45 PM EST
The 18-year-old is playing in his 3rd career AHL game tonight.
Jan 30, 2015, 8:00 PM EST
Was 6-0-0 in his previous seven appearances entering tonight.
Jan 30, 2015, 7:05 PM EST
It could happen at the World Cup though.
Jan 30, 2015, 5:16 PM EST
“We would be thrilled to have them play at our venue.”
Jan 30, 2015, 4:24 PM EST
Ville Pokka is a fun name.
Jan 30, 2015, 3:57 PM EST
Spent last season in Buffalo.
Jan 30, 2015, 3:37 PM EST
Oklahoma City and Worcester do not.
Jan 30, 2015, 3:26 PM EST
Key Western Conference tilt tonight at Honda.
Jan 30, 2015, 2:48 PM EST
Not that that’s likely. Just…possible.
Jan 30, 2015, 2:17 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Jan 30, 2015, 1:01 PM EST
Xavier Ouellet sticking around?
Jan 30, 2015, 12:52 PM EST
Pittsburgh d-man won’t play tonight against New Jersey.
Jan 30, 2015, 12:39 PM EST
They play in Vancouver tonight.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5