Mar 6, 2013, 11:25 PM EDT
Sharp left the game in the third period after being driven hard into the boards by Avalanche defenseman Ryan O’Byrne, as per NHL.com.
Shaw left in the second period, and did not return for the third. The Blackhawks were without winger Marian Hossa, who was a late scratch due to an upper body injury.
The Blackhawks defeated the Avalanche 3-2 Wednesday, extending their streak without a regulation loss to begin the season to 24 games.
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 0
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 0
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 29
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)