Mar 6, 2013, 9:57 PM EDT
A day after being honored for playing his 1,000th National Hockey League game, Chicago Blackhawks forward Marian Hossa is sitting out against the Colorado Avalanche with an “undisclosed upper-body injury,” according to NHL.com.
Tracey Myers of CSN Chicago reported that the announcement of Hossa being a late scratch from tonight’s contest came three minutes into the game.
The 34-year-old Slovakian winger has now played in 1,001 NHL games, and had 10 goals and 18 points in 23 games this season for the red-hot Blackhawks.
The Blackhawks are looking to go 24 games without a regulation loss to begin the season.
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 21
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day on PHT 11