Mar 6, 2013, 9:57 PM EDT
A day after being honored for playing his 1,000th National Hockey League game, Chicago Blackhawks forward Marian Hossa is sitting out against the Colorado Avalanche with an “undisclosed upper-body injury,” according to NHL.com.
Tracey Myers of CSN Chicago reported that the announcement of Hossa being a late scratch from tonight’s contest came three minutes into the game.
The 34-year-old Slovakian winger has now played in 1,001 NHL games, and had 10 goals and 18 points in 23 games this season for the red-hot Blackhawks.
The Blackhawks are looking to go 24 games without a regulation loss to begin the season.
- WATCH LIVE: Philadelphia Flyers at New York Rangers (Game 1) 0
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 20
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 10
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 35
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 111
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 63
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79