Mar 5, 2013, 10:40 PM EDT
Even when the Pittsburgh Penguins have been winning lately, they’ve often been out-scoring their problems. (Just look at their exciting but defensively ugly 7-6 win against the Montreal Canadiens from last weekend.)
While it’s refreshing to see a team light up the scoreboard like Pittsburgh has been doing in a time when most teams seem defense-first (and sometimes second/third), the bottom line is that the team needs to tighten up to be serious Stanley Cup contenders. So, what should they do about it and can they pull it off?
PHT’s own Jason Brough and Mike Halford discuss the Penguins’ D in their latest video clip.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5