Mar 5, 2013, 10:40 PM EDT
Even when the Pittsburgh Penguins have been winning lately, they’ve often been out-scoring their problems. (Just look at their exciting but defensively ugly 7-6 win against the Montreal Canadiens from last weekend.)
While it’s refreshing to see a team light up the scoreboard like Pittsburgh has been doing in a time when most teams seem defense-first (and sometimes second/third), the bottom line is that the team needs to tighten up to be serious Stanley Cup contenders. So, what should they do about it and can they pull it off?
PHT’s own Jason Brough and Mike Halford discuss the Penguins’ D in their latest video clip.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- In praise of John Tavares 5
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 18
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 13
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 54
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31