Mar 5, 2013, 10:40 PM EDT
Even when the Pittsburgh Penguins have been winning lately, they’ve often been out-scoring their problems. (Just look at their exciting but defensively ugly 7-6 win against the Montreal Canadiens from last weekend.)
While it’s refreshing to see a team light up the scoreboard like Pittsburgh has been doing in a time when most teams seem defense-first (and sometimes second/third), the bottom line is that the team needs to tighten up to be serious Stanley Cup contenders. So, what should they do about it and can they pull it off?
PHT’s own Jason Brough and Mike Halford discuss the Penguins’ D in their latest video clip.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 0
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22