Mar 5, 2013, 10:40 PM EST
Even when the Pittsburgh Penguins have been winning lately, they’ve often been out-scoring their problems. (Just look at their exciting but defensively ugly 7-6 win against the Montreal Canadiens from last weekend.)
While it’s refreshing to see a team light up the scoreboard like Pittsburgh has been doing in a time when most teams seem defense-first (and sometimes second/third), the bottom line is that the team needs to tighten up to be serious Stanley Cup contenders. So, what should they do about it and can they pull it off?
PHT’s own Jason Brough and Mike Halford discuss the Penguins’ D in their latest video clip.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 0
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 8
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 10
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 34
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2