Mar 5, 2013, 1:26 AM EST
Jeff Carter and the Los Angeles Kings are red-hot right now.
The Kings have won eight of their last 10 games, with Carter leading the way. The 28-year-old’s five-game goal-scoring streak ended on Saturday against Vancouver, so he made up for lost time with a natural hat trick as Los Angeles crushed the Nashville Predators 5-1 on Monday.
Here’s video evidence of the trio, which happened on free hat night.
Carter’s second and third goals came during a disastrous third period for Pekka Rinne, who was pulled after allowing five goals on 13 shots overall (four of which came in a dizzying span in the final frame).
This is the second time Carter has collected a hat trick against Barry Trotz’s team. His first one came on Dec. 22, 2011, during his ill-fated run with the Columbus Blue Jackets. (Trotz wasn’t impressed, though.)
Carter now has an amusingly imbalanced stat line: 14 goals and just two assists for 16 points in 20 games.
Jonathan Bernier is the other Kings player who loves sticking it to the Predators. His record against Nashville is now 7-1-0. With Jonathan Quick struggling, other teams might start seeing more of the other Jonathan.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 23
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 11
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 76
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (76)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)