Mar 5, 2013, 1:58 PM EST
Rangers forward Brad Richards took to the ice this morning ahead of tonight’s home game against Philadelphia, but he didn’t last long.
Richards — who was crosschecked into the boards from behind Sunday by Buffalo’s Patrick Kaleta (who was suspended five games for the play) — “looked a little stiff on the ice, perhaps a back issue,” according to Newsday’s Steve Zipay.
It’s not clear if Richards will be in the lineup against the Flyers. Per NHL.com, he didn’t address the media following his early departure from the team skate.
In other club news, the Rangers have recalled forward Micheal Haley from AHL Connecticut.
Haley, 26, has nine goals, 12 assists and — perhaps most notably — 158 PIM in 56 games for the Whale this season.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 27
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)