Mar 5, 2013, 1:58 PM EDT
Rangers forward Brad Richards took to the ice this morning ahead of tonight’s home game against Philadelphia, but he didn’t last long.
Richards — who was crosschecked into the boards from behind Sunday by Buffalo’s Patrick Kaleta (who was suspended five games for the play) — “looked a little stiff on the ice, perhaps a back issue,” according to Newsday’s Steve Zipay.
It’s not clear if Richards will be in the lineup against the Flyers. Per NHL.com, he didn’t address the media following his early departure from the team skate.
In other club news, the Rangers have recalled forward Micheal Haley from AHL Connecticut.
Haley, 26, has nine goals, 12 assists and — perhaps most notably — 158 PIM in 56 games for the Whale this season.
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 13
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 35
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 6
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 42
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 104
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 89
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (104)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (89)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)