Mar 5, 2013, 1:58 PM EDT
Rangers forward Brad Richards took to the ice this morning ahead of tonight’s home game against Philadelphia, but he didn’t last long.
Richards — who was crosschecked into the boards from behind Sunday by Buffalo’s Patrick Kaleta (who was suspended five games for the play) — “looked a little stiff on the ice, perhaps a back issue,” according to Newsday’s Steve Zipay.
It’s not clear if Richards will be in the lineup against the Flyers. Per NHL.com, he didn’t address the media following his early departure from the team skate.
In other club news, the Rangers have recalled forward Micheal Haley from AHL Connecticut.
Haley, 26, has nine goals, 12 assists and — perhaps most notably — 158 PIM in 56 games for the Whale this season.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)