Mar 5, 2013, 1:58 PM EDT
Rangers forward Brad Richards took to the ice this morning ahead of tonight’s home game against Philadelphia, but he didn’t last long.
Richards — who was crosschecked into the boards from behind Sunday by Buffalo’s Patrick Kaleta (who was suspended five games for the play) — “looked a little stiff on the ice, perhaps a back issue,” according to Newsday’s Steve Zipay.
It’s not clear if Richards will be in the lineup against the Flyers. Per NHL.com, he didn’t address the media following his early departure from the team skate.
In other club news, the Rangers have recalled forward Micheal Haley from AHL Connecticut.
Haley, 26, has nine goals, 12 assists and — perhaps most notably — 158 PIM in 56 games for the Whale this season.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)