Mar 5, 2013, 1:58 PM EST
Rangers forward Brad Richards took to the ice this morning ahead of tonight’s home game against Philadelphia, but he didn’t last long.
Richards — who was crosschecked into the boards from behind Sunday by Buffalo’s Patrick Kaleta (who was suspended five games for the play) — “looked a little stiff on the ice, perhaps a back issue,” according to Newsday’s Steve Zipay.
It’s not clear if Richards will be in the lineup against the Flyers. Per NHL.com, he didn’t address the media following his early departure from the team skate.
In other club news, the Rangers have recalled forward Micheal Haley from AHL Connecticut.
Haley, 26, has nine goals, 12 assists and — perhaps most notably — 158 PIM in 56 games for the Whale this season.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 152
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 119
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (181)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (153)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (119)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)