Mar 5, 2013, 12:29 PM EST
The Nashville Predators have claimed a forward off waivers for the second straight day, this time getting Zach Boychuk from the Pittsburgh Penguins.
On Monday, Nashville acquired Bobby Butler from New Jersey.
Boychuk, 23, was Carolina’s first-round pick (14th overall) at the 2008 NHL Entry Draft and appeared in 73 games for the ‘Canes before being acquired off waivers by Pittsburgh in late January.
The former WHL Lethbridge standout then played seven games for Pittsburgh before being placed on waivers again.
Speaking of Pittsburgh, it seems Penguins prospect Beau Bennett‘s demotion to AHL Wilkes-Barre/Scranton was short-lived.
As for what to expect from Boychuk in Nashville…
He’s been a solid producer at the AHL level (a two-time 20-goal scorer) but that’s failed to translate at the NHL level — in 80 career games he has just 7G-11A-18PTs, including goose eggs across the board this season in eight games split between the ‘Canes and Pens.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 150
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 119
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (181)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (150)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (119)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (97)