Mar 5, 2013, 12:29 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators have claimed a forward off waivers for the second straight day, this time getting Zach Boychuk from the Pittsburgh Penguins.
On Monday, Nashville acquired Bobby Butler from New Jersey.
Boychuk, 23, was Carolina’s first-round pick (14th overall) at the 2008 NHL Entry Draft and appeared in 73 games for the ‘Canes before being acquired off waivers by Pittsburgh in late January.
The former WHL Lethbridge standout then played seven games for Pittsburgh before being placed on waivers again.
Speaking of Pittsburgh, it seems Penguins prospect Beau Bennett‘s demotion to AHL Wilkes-Barre/Scranton was short-lived.
As for what to expect from Boychuk in Nashville…
He’s been a solid producer at the AHL level (a two-time 20-goal scorer) but that’s failed to translate at the NHL level — in 80 career games he has just 7G-11A-18PTs, including goose eggs across the board this season in eight games split between the ‘Canes and Pens.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)