Mar 5, 2013, 12:29 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators have claimed a forward off waivers for the second straight day, this time getting Zach Boychuk from the Pittsburgh Penguins.
On Monday, Nashville acquired Bobby Butler from New Jersey.
Boychuk, 23, was Carolina’s first-round pick (14th overall) at the 2008 NHL Entry Draft and appeared in 73 games for the ‘Canes before being acquired off waivers by Pittsburgh in late January.
The former WHL Lethbridge standout then played seven games for Pittsburgh before being placed on waivers again.
Speaking of Pittsburgh, it seems Penguins prospect Beau Bennett‘s demotion to AHL Wilkes-Barre/Scranton was short-lived.
As for what to expect from Boychuk in Nashville…
He’s been a solid producer at the AHL level (a two-time 20-goal scorer) but that’s failed to translate at the NHL level — in 80 career games he has just 7G-11A-18PTs, including goose eggs across the board this season in eight games split between the ‘Canes and Pens.
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 18
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 46
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 1
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Report: Kings’ Stoll may have head, shoulder injuries 15
- Rangers’ goaltending a concern? ‘We know what Henrik is,’ says Tortorella 25
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Cleary: 'We won't be exchanging Christmas cards'
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off
- Play Video: Blackhawks score on controversial play
- Play Video: Blackhawks bring the pain
- Play Video: Red Wings and BlackHawks fighting for control