Lucic takes another shot at ‘embellishment’

Mar 5, 2013, 12:10 AM EDT

milanlucicgetty Getty Images

The hockey world was abuzz on Sunday night after Boston Bruins head coach Claude Julien fumed about the Canadiens’ supposed embellishment during Montreal’s 4-3 win. Milan Lucic provided more of the same to CSNNE.com on Monday.

“You definitely would like to see a lot less embellishment,” Lucic said. “I know the way that we are as a team, and how we play. The type of people that we are we don’t really accept that type of play in this room. We don’t like our guys diving. We don’t like our guys embellishing. You don’t like to see it around the league. So hopefully the right calls will be made, and guys will take pride in not being that type of player.”

Then again, self-awareness doesn’t always factor completely into these situations.

Toronto Maple Leafs blog Pension Plan Puppets passes along this amusing video seemingly produced by a Vancouver Canucks fan,* which juxtaposes Julien’s comments with moments where the Bruins might have been the ones who were guilty of embellishment:

In other words, it’s likely that no one’s completely “innocent.”

One might argue that Julien merely made those remarks in the heat of the moment, but he backed his critique up to CSNNE.com today.

“I didn’t question their character because they play hard. They’re a good team. The only thing I talked about is the embellishment,” Julien said. “I wasn’t just talking about them, but I was talking about something that we’re trying to clean up in the league. There are times when certain things frustrate you and I thought after the game that embellishment is something that embarrasses the game.

“I have a strong opinion about it and I stand by it. We’re a professional league here. The NBA went through it and kind of cleaned things up, and I’m hoping that we’ll do the same thing with hockey.”

The Bruins will be expected to hold themselves to that higher standard, then.

* – Your rivals will always do things like this.

1. habsman - Mar 5, 2013 at 12:37 AM

The oldest trick in the book. Accuse your opponent of embelishment to cover the fact you’re a dirty team. Watch the game, there wasn’t a single diplay of embellishment by the Habs. If there was embellishment, it was Ference who dove after being barely brushed. Attacking guys from behind (Chara), hitting from behind, boarding (Thornton) Putting you stick into a players face while he’s prone on the ice (Rat Face), slew footing (McQuaid), etc……

More and more teams are seeing what the Bruins are, a dirty, cheap shot hockey team who try to divert attention to their antics by accusing others of embellishment. Especially from a clown like Lucic who has avoided suspensions for years now.

• hockeyflow33 - Mar 5, 2013 at 1:25 AM

Do you ever get tired of posting the same irrelevant and ignorant remarks?

• habsman - Mar 5, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Does the truth bother you? What do you think of the Bruin Embellishment video?

• turk16 - Mar 5, 2013 at 11:03 AM

What a shock a story about the Bruins and habsman feels the need to chime in as usual. You must be a closet Bruins fan if you are this infatuated with everything they do.

• hempoilcures - Mar 5, 2013 at 2:37 AM

Same thing happened to Vancouver in the Stanley Cup. They changed the rules for the Bruins in the Finals, all year, they were calling a tighter game and wanted fast pace and reward teams with powerplays. Once the Finals started, they changed the rules back to the 70’s, just for the BRUINS, the Canucks were being called like it was 2010. That’s when I knew it was rigged, Boston was handed a Stanley Cup and they still cry like they are full of integrity and toughness….what a crock.

• habsman - Mar 5, 2013 at 2:49 AM

It didn’t start in the finals, it was a season long display by the league of turning a blind eye to numerous infractions by the Bruins.

Can you imagine a professional sport league allowing a person to preside over discipline while having a son playing on one of the teams? During the finals, this man was seen smiling while the Cup was being presented to his son’s team. That is a fact.

The MVP of the league, and the MVP of the playoffs that year was: Gregory Campbell.

• yoc19 - Mar 5, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Handed the Bruins the Stanley Cup? you have to be joking – every series the bruins played went to 7 games. That was one of the hardest fought series that I can rememeber. All year, yea they may had been calling a tighter game, but listen this is the stanley cup -you cant equate a finals game with game 36 of the regualr season. Of course they are going to out the whistles away. You need to know hockey before you post comments with no substance.

• theblakfox - Mar 5, 2013 at 10:30 AM

I dont remeber the bruins Biting anyone or causing concussions from illegal charges….

• hairpie - Mar 9, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Is this a joke??? “Rewarding” a team with a power play??? If you cant beat another team 5-5 and can only win by tricking the refs into giving you an extra player, you dont deserve to win. Losers mentality.

• bgrillz - Mar 5, 2013 at 8:06 AM

This is typical Habs fan BS. Your team is the worst, anyone who watches a Habs game in Montreal, know how absurd they are. Every time a Habs player is hit, or falls, the fans boo because there wasn’t a call. It is the worst in the league! There is a difference between being a passionate fan base and a stupid one…yours is the latter. An PK Subban, I could write a book on only half of the cheap garbage he pulls, and then runs away like a scared coward. Back to your cave habstroll.

• yoc19 - Mar 5, 2013 at 9:29 AM

your a habs fan…..you literally tried to get zdeno chara arrested for hitting to hard. Bruins play hard game in and game out. Yes they have guys on their team that play a mean style of hockey…but thats just it -This is hockey. What is see here is a typical french candien habs fan crying yet again about the bruins playing to hard. Clean it up and stop your typical north of the border pity party “Habsman”

• theblakfox - Mar 5, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Your statement is so irrelevant, and horribly inaccurate its silly. There is a reason you have so many thumbs down habsman. Chara fighting emelin because he cheap shotted seguin is what a captain does for his team. Its not dirty, he is standing up for smaller younger players against “dirty” plays like those of emelin. Its plays like these that make the bruins a tight knit and physical play.

And belive it or not, the NHL does not have some master plan to make the bruins avoid all suspensions, maybe they dont get suspensions because….they dont play dirty hockey!

2. jaguar0413 - Mar 5, 2013 at 12:42 AM

See: Brad Marchand

• tlndma - Mar 5, 2013 at 9:51 AM

When Marchand started diving last year, there was an uproar with the media and fans in Boston for him to knock it off. Unlike Montreal, Boston fans were embarrssed by it. In the video posted where Marchand is being escorted off the ice by the trainor, that’s a Boston media outlet commenting on his unsportsmanlike behavior. In Montreal the fans and media would be calling 911.

One thing being overlooked in Julien’s comments is his concern that players are putting themselves in vunerable positions on purpose. I have to say I’ve been wondering this myself. Many times this season, I’ve asked myself why a player would react to an oncoming player the way he did, if his first concern was his safety. It seems many times the player is turning his back figuring, the other player will either have to back off or will get a penalty. There certainly seems to be more boarding and hitting from behind penalties. Is part of the reason because players are turning their backs more to oncoming players?
      In the old days a player would grab the other player and hold him up, to make sure he didn’t fall into the boards. Now he would be called for holding. Maybe that has to be allowed again.

3. habsman - Mar 5, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Well that embellishment video says it all. Too funny.

I wonder if Clod has seen it? The Bruins are an embarrasment to the league. Nice to see others are catching on.

• sabatimus - Mar 11, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Who’s “Clod”?

4. bruinpred - Mar 5, 2013 at 1:08 AM

I always wondered what the oldest trick in the book was – now I know. Thank you.

5. sjsharks66 - Mar 5, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Personally i think the bruins play a solid hockey style. Of course some players on their team take dives, specifically marchand.

However, they are not making a bad point with these comments. There has been a lot of embellishment going on in the league. It is sad to see.

What is this, soccer?

• dentals1 - Mar 5, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Montreal does like the soccer chants.

6. 604YVR - Mar 5, 2013 at 1:26 AM

Olympic calibre divers. Marchand and Thornton have a future at the Summer Games.

• habsman - Mar 5, 2013 at 1:37 AM

Don’t forget Ferrence.

7. habswoman - Mar 5, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Canucks fans still butthurt eh?

Congrats guys Marchand had embellished wooo. Watch some actual Bruins games and you’ll see they play solid hockey and don’t do that crap often.

• habsman - Mar 5, 2013 at 1:31 AM

Nice video eh?

8. doublezero74 - Mar 5, 2013 at 1:47 AM

The real takeaway from all this that the Canadiens are floppers and they’re rally good at it. They got skill but they dive all the time. This ain’t new but now that they’re not dead last in hockey anymore, it’s relevant again

• habsman - Mar 5, 2013 at 1:53 AM

Nice video eh?

9. drewzducks - Mar 5, 2013 at 1:58 AM

A video posted by a jealous Canuck fan ? I am shocked. I guess if my incredibly talented President Trophy winning team blew 2-0 and 3-2 leads in the biggest series in franchise history to an overmatched bunch of underdog thugs I’d have an inferiority complex too. But I’ll get back to the Canots in a few. As a Bruins fan I am shocked and saddened that our little ball of hate has picked up a few bad habits by watching all that scouting film on the Habnots. However, at the same time I am grateful. Grateful that diving and embellishing had been indoctrinated into the regular daily routine of Lez Habnots. Just think Bruins fans, had Trojan Hamrlik not been such an eager and willing student of the art of the dive, he would not have been perfectly curled up into the Canadien/fetal position while the Bruins scored their go ahead goal late in Game 7. And just think Habsy, had he not turtled or Habbed, as it will now be referred to, Puke K’s late PP goal could have been the game winner…Alas, we all know that didn’t happen and that the Habs hopes were crushed when that fine gentleman Nathan Horton put the Habs to bed for good, having to wait yet another year to exorcise their ghosts of 1993.

As for the greatest team that never was, fear not, your time will surely come soon. It’s not like you allowed an apparent talentless long nosed punk to score two goals on your soon to be surrounded by homeless anarchists home arena in game 7 of the biggest game in your burning little towns history. I’m sure with Bobby Loo between the pipes, the Sedin sisters leading the charge and Coach Vag at the helm you’ll soon enjoy the raising of a real banner to the rafters, not the worthless crap that’s up their now.

Thank you both Montreal and Vancouver for all you did to help make the Boston Bruins 2011 Stanley Cup champions !

• habsman - Mar 5, 2013 at 2:05 AM

Nice embellishment video eh?

• loinstache - Mar 5, 2013 at 2:10 AM

hahhaha look at you getting all riled up

• tomasdoughberle - Mar 5, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Habs embellishment video is still in the works…too much footage.

10. habsman - Mar 5, 2013 at 2:17 AM

You can just tell this one really hurts, doesn’t it Bruin fans?

The absolute definition of hypocracy. Calling others divers when you are just as bad if not more so.

What kind of spin are we going to see? Hmmmm……

• cowboys282 - Mar 5, 2013 at 3:25 AM

habsfan you are comical. Spin? What spin is needed. there are 82 games a year plus playoffs. So some Canucks fan puts together a video with 3 questionable plays from over hundreds of games and suddenly this means the Bruins are floppers? Do you watch hockey?

I am sorry you have to be a fan of a team like the Canadians. I am sorry the Bruins push them around the ice. I am sorry the Bruins won the cup 2 years ago. Get over it.

Just remember who you are defending lol.

• habsman - Mar 5, 2013 at 6:50 AM

I’m sorry too cowboy.

I’m sorry you can’t put the toothpaste back in the tube. Your team has been exposed for doing the exact same thing they are accusing others of doing. DIVING! Comical. We might as well add on they are the biggest crybabies in the league as well. Has there ever been a loss where Clod hasn’t complained at a presser?

Lets see, Divers-check
        Dirty-check
        Whiney complainers-double check

And to top it off, ONE cup in forty years. Yep, you have plenty of reasons to be proud huh?

• gospitfires - Mar 5, 2013 at 9:46 AM

i dont see montreals coach on the news and on every single sports broadcast show talking about how much diving the bruns are doing. if you cant see the hypocrisy of what the bruins coach is doing, why even discuss things with you. you are like a creationist debating evolution and refusing to belief the tons of evidence going against you because you only see things one way.

both teams dive, only the bruins are crying about it.

11. bigblueapple - Mar 5, 2013 at 3:22 AM

First the pope resigns and now the Bruins are campaigning to clean up hockey, end times must be just around the corner.

12. bospat - Mar 5, 2013 at 5:29 AM

Ha,Ha Haters get tired of posting on the Patriots stories…City of Champs Baby!!!

• tackledummy1505 - Mar 5, 2013 at 5:34 AM

So you cheat for 3 Super Bowls, you roid for 2 World Series, and you dive your way into a Stanley Cup. Yup city of Champs alright lol. Spygate was a joke because you all got off lightly for it, sorry but if that was the Eagles we would’ve forfeited our titles, the world series will have a black eye, because all of those players from those world series have all but died off when testing was implimented. Last but not least your hockey team is decent, even though they whine about everything. Like Lucic isn’t a dirty player at all lol City of champs!!!!! More like city of cheaters and we’re proud of it lol.

• frozengolf - Mar 5, 2013 at 8:07 AM

LOL!!! That is awesome! Couldn’t have said it better myself!!

• dfpoor - Mar 5, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Eli>Tom

• drewzducks - Mar 5, 2013 at 9:39 AM

The Eagles? Titles? Did the rest of the free world miss something? The Flyers? 1975. The Sixers? 1983. The Phillies? Maybe legit. But try to control your envy its very unbecoming.

• tdrusher225 - Mar 5, 2013 at 9:04 PM

That’s the biggest crybaby response I’ve ever heard, I understand wanting to tell a guy saying “Nah nah, we win and you suck” to shut up. But that is the laziest arguing I’ve ever heard, no objective sports fan would actually try to pass these off as a convincing arguments and think you’re actually pissing off any grounded Boston sports fans, or any sports fans for that matter.

13. tackledummy1505 - Mar 5, 2013 at 5:30 AM

Yet Flyers are the dirtiest team in the NHL I thought lol. We are the least diving team, but we get the most calls against us. Bruins are classic divers and always have been. It’s apart of the game, but don’t cry when something like that gets caught against you either. Cause it gets called both ways sometimes and thats when the Boston fans cry out like it’s bs. lol thats the funny part

• dentals1 - Mar 5, 2013 at 10:35 AM

If the Bruins are “classic” divers then why are they 26th in PP opportunities with 33? The Habs are 1st with 62 and your Flyers are 14th with 42.

• supercoop8 - Mar 5, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Briere, Hartnell, Giroux

14. gallyhatch - Mar 5, 2013 at 6:52 AM

A real tackle dummy probably has a better grasp of the English languge.

Shocking to see the biggest whiners on here are from Montreal, Philly & Vancouver. . . . is anyone noticing a trend?

All this hatred for the Bruins just put an awesome spin on my day, thank you PHT message board!

(& yes Habsman, I loved the video. It’s my 3rd favorite, my 2nd favorite being theDaily Show compiliation [yet another effort from a sore loser who lives north of the border] and my #1 being the 2011 Stanley Cup DVD! – It’s two years later & you losers are still crying about the 2011 finals? Move on, go meet a girl, do something other than whine non-stop about a hockey team. Get a life.)

• tatdue - Mar 5, 2013 at 8:01 AM

“yet another effort from a sore loser who lives north of the border” – It’s ignorant comments like this that show just how unintelligent you are you ignorant racist….You do realize that most of your beloved team is comprised of Canadians right? This is about sports, if you want to rag on someones team that’s fine, but leave the ignorant racist crap out of it because it’s just downright stupid and immature….

• drewzducks - Mar 5, 2013 at 9:43 AM

tatduh…didn’t realize that “north of the border” was a hateful, racist term. I hope you don’t find the terms ignorant and stupid racist.

• thesportsjudge - Mar 5, 2013 at 12:24 PM

“North of the border” “people” are a different race? Try again.

• gallyhatch - Mar 5, 2013 at 12:31 PM

@tatdue, my comment was racist? Your reply just made my day; look up the definition of racist & get back to me.

I’m well aware of the nationalities of the Bruins, I have nothing but love for America’s hat.

Most of all about Canada, I love the butthurt losers sitting in their parents’ basements making videos of the Bruins from the last 5 years & putting them on the internet which is what my “ignorant racist” comment made direct reference to.

Good try at making my statement into something it isn’t.

If you’re going to accuse someone of being ignorant & unintelligent, you should probably think before you write.

• gallyhatch - Mar 5, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Whoops, that last statement might be racist against people who still live in their parents’ basement.

I guess that just makes me a typical Bostonian.

• hockeywithdrawal - Mar 5, 2013 at 9:17 AM

I thought this article was about all the whining from Lucic and Julien?

15. kgun80 - Mar 5, 2013 at 7:03 AM

That was a great video! As much as I hate the Bruins they aren’t the only team that’s guilty.

16. amerika1313 - Mar 5, 2013 at 7:17 AM

Where in those comments does Lucic, or Julien for that matter, say that the Bruins don’t ever embellish? Lucic says the team doesn’t like their guys diving or embellishing. He doesn’t say they don’t do it. And you can make a video like that of any team in the league without having to look that far, honestly. Am I defending the Bruins? No. I hate it when they do it too. It makes them look bad, and it makes the league look bad. I’m just saying they’re not really all that unique if/when it happens. It seems kind of pointless to launch an attack on any other team for that kind of stuff when your own team is pulling the same stunts.

• habsman - Mar 5, 2013 at 9:48 AM

My point exactly!

• amerika1313 - Mar 5, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Well, alright then!

• habsman - Mar 5, 2013 at 10:08 AM

“It seems kind of pointless to launch an attack on any other team for that kind of stuff when your own team is pulling the same stunts.”

Words of wisdom for Mr. Lucic and Clod?

BTW, the breathing exercises have really helped. Thanks again!

• amerika1313 - Mar 5, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Words of wisdom for every team and their fans, man. Guys calling out other teams just seems silly to me. Quotes and press conferences don’t win Stanley Cups.

And you’re welcome. Glad to help!

• habsman - Mar 5, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Excellent post!

17. arbruins - Mar 5, 2013 at 7:21 AM

That vid is from 2011 when Marchand was a rookie…that’s fine though. If the league can turn a blind then so can I. I don’t care if the Canadiens and Canucks are a team full of divers…now they have something to do during the summer as well.

You will still spend your time and money watching the blind eyed NHL and enjoy doing it just like all of us Bruins fans will.

18. whyareyousomad - Mar 5, 2013 at 7:48 AM

Habsman….you are such a baby. It seems like posting your complaints about boston teams is controlling your life, or lack thereof…. Climb out of your parents basement and get some sun.

19. hockeywithdrawal - Mar 5, 2013 at 7:48 AM

No surprises here – goons don’t like losing. I’d love to see Lucic run over by the zamboni.

• amerika1313 - Mar 5, 2013 at 7:50 AM

What teams DO like losing? That’s kind of an odd thing to say.

• hockeywithdrawal - Mar 5, 2013 at 8:07 AM

Nah there’s a big difference between “they played well, took us out of our game, and beat us” (i.e. giving credit to the other team in a hard-fought game) and ‘they’re a bunch of crybabies who cheat and the league needs to step in’. I think the Bruins are ‘embellishing’ the amount of ‘embellishing’ that went on in this game.

20. mclovinhockey - Mar 5, 2013 at 7:58 AM

Maybe it’s just me, but I laughed so hard when Lucic says they don’t like guys like that in their room. I have seen so much dirty play (diving is dirty to me, I think clear cut diving should warrant suspension) from Boston the past few years I am shocked how few times the league has suspended them. Specially a guy like Marchand, he ducks/clips so much you would almost think he has no idea how to hit, till you see him clean someone’s clock. I guess once a diver, ducker, dirty player always a diver, ducker, dirty player

• amerika1313 - Mar 5, 2013 at 8:06 AM

Aren’t you a Canucks fan?

• mclovinhockey - Mar 6, 2013 at 7:19 PM

nope

• ddarien12 - Mar 5, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Marchand’s play could be considered dirty and he may stir things up but he’s not going to flop and dive to try to get a call. It disgusts me when I see Suban lay on the ice or jaw at the ref after being touched. That’s not what hockey’s about. Take a hit and get from it. Don’t expect a call after throwing yourself to the ice.

• habsman - Mar 5, 2013 at 10:11 AM

You obviously didn’t see the Bruin Diving and Embellishment video huh?

• amerika1313 - Mar 5, 2013 at 10:23 AM

I wonder why the refs haven’t cracked down on diving and embellishment in general. I thought one of their mandates for this season was to crack down on that. Seems like it’s barely being called at all from what I’ve seen. If there was some consistency with that, then we’d have somewhere to start a conversation about who tanks it a little too easily and who doesn’t. Until then, Bruins fans will moan about Montreal and Vancouver, Montreal and Vancouver fans will moan about Boston, Pittsburgh fans will moan about Philadelphia and vice-versa, and so on…

• mclovinhockey - Mar 6, 2013 at 7:22 PM

yeah I was going to say you must not have watched Marchand for long. He is one of the dirtiest players in the league.

watch the video. He dives and ducks/clips more than anyone in the NHL

21. frozengolf - Mar 5, 2013 at 8:12 AM

Here is some interesting reading for all you Bruins fans out there…so wipe away the tears and read a fine article from a Boston writer!!!

22. gino97 - Mar 5, 2013 at 8:18 AM

The toughest habs player is Gallagher. The kid has heart but only a matter of time until he plays like the rest of the smurfs diving and floping around. Pacioretty is the biggest offender in the league always falling and grabbing his face. He did it 3 or 4 times on sunday. Theo Fluery said it best in his book “guys used to dive and they come back to the bench and we would say ‘dont do that you’re embarrasing us’, now they get a pat on the back for a dive”. Habs dont even need to dive the refs give them 3 or 4 PP’S a game anyways.

• habsman - Mar 5, 2013 at 9:52 AM

The Habs have the most penalties in the league.

Try again.

• dentals1 - Mar 5, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Actually they are 4th with 338. Philly is 1st with 395, but why let stats factor into one of your arguments.

23. subliminalnoize - Mar 5, 2013 at 8:24 AM

• subliminalnoize - Mar 5, 2013 at 8:25 AM

Anyone remember this, and they are gonna talk about diving.

24. whyareyousomad - Mar 5, 2013 at 9:18 AM

Wow… Sensitive Canadians… Sorry life sucks up there. Have fun

• habsman - Mar 5, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Life is actually pretty good up here. We don’t have cops in our elementary schools.

• yoc19 - Mar 5, 2013 at 10:31 AM

too soon habsfan. Making a joke about needing cops in schools because of a school shooting is about as low as you can go. Why dont you leave this thread for hockey. Their is a reason why noone in america like you french candiens – your the epitome of a typical frenchie. A We We

• lameasish - Mar 5, 2013 at 11:43 AM

wow… ignorant american…making a blatantly false statement and other americans giving him thumbs up for it. Its usually the americans in the league that are sensitive and the Canadian players that have to stick up and fight for them. Does boston have one fighter on the team that is american?

• homelanddefense - Mar 11, 2013 at 2:12 PM

to be honest Boston only has about 2 Americans total….

25. dboldave - Mar 5, 2013 at 9:45 AM

It’s all about reputation. Just like when Matt Cooke goes into a corner with a player and they come out injured, I assume it was intentional on his part. When a Montreal player goes down, I always assume it’s overreacting on their part because they’ve built that reputation up themselves.

• habsman - Mar 5, 2013 at 9:54 AM

From watching that Bruin diving video, it looks like Boston is the team that deserves the rep.

• ddarien12 - Mar 5, 2013 at 10:10 AM

habsman, you’ve been on this thread for too long.

• habsman - Mar 5, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Can’t help it darien, I’m having too much fun.

Life is good, and my mom just delivered some cookies to me here in the basement.

Good to go!

26. cweez2 - Mar 5, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Habs are divers. Bruins are goons.

24 Cups! Bruins Suck!

Won the cup two years ago! Habs are living in the past.

There, saved you reading 95% of the rest of the comments.

27. nunan - Mar 5, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Look how much rage people get when talking about the Bruins. Love it! That’s an accumulation of every dive the Bs have taken the past three years. Make one of those for the Canucks or the Habs..hell, make a video JUST for one player on those teams and you get plenty of material. Come on…nobody actually thinks the Bruins are an embellishment problem, like the Habs or Canucks. Talk about being hypocritical.

28. mjdkid100 - Mar 5, 2013 at 12:01 PM

So from watching the video, we have a legitimate cross check to the ribs, where the Montreal player broke his stick, a couple Marchand dives(who got a talking to and has cleaned it up), a play where both the Bruins and Caps player are trying to draw a penalty, a legit hook on the leg, Thornton diving and getting called out for it by the bruins announcer (after the Habs had been diving all game drawing penalties) and a high stick which you cant see at its final moment whether it hit him in the face or not….

Great stuff, the Vancouver and Montreal video would be 2 hours long from the last 2 seasons…

Top 10 NHL Player Searches