Mar 5, 2013, 8:59 PM EDT
Defense is a significant weakness for the Philadelphia Flyers, so even seemingly minor injuries to blueliners can be a concern.
Tuesday presented the latest headache as sturdy defenseman Nicklas Grossman suffered a lower-body injury and won’t return to tonight’s NBC Sports Network match against the Philadelphia Flyers, according to the team.
The Swede’s absence won’t be noticed much offensively (three points in 22 games), but he’s a reliable guy in his own zone. The Flyers trust him with an average of 18:34 minutes per night.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39