Mar 5, 2013, 8:59 PM EST
Defense is a significant weakness for the Philadelphia Flyers, so even seemingly minor injuries to blueliners can be a concern.
Tuesday presented the latest headache as sturdy defenseman Nicklas Grossman suffered a lower-body injury and won’t return to tonight’s NBC Sports Network match against the Philadelphia Flyers, according to the team.
The Swede’s absence won’t be noticed much offensively (three points in 22 games), but he’s a reliable guy in his own zone. The Flyers trust him with an average of 18:34 minutes per night.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5