Mar 5, 2013, 8:59 PM EST
Defense is a significant weakness for the Philadelphia Flyers, so even seemingly minor injuries to blueliners can be a concern.
Tuesday presented the latest headache as sturdy defenseman Nicklas Grossman suffered a lower-body injury and won’t return to tonight’s NBC Sports Network match against the Philadelphia Flyers, according to the team.
The Swede’s absence won’t be noticed much offensively (three points in 22 games), but he’s a reliable guy in his own zone. The Flyers trust him with an average of 18:34 minutes per night.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35