Mar 5, 2013, 8:59 PM EDT
Defense is a significant weakness for the Philadelphia Flyers, so even seemingly minor injuries to blueliners can be a concern.
Tuesday presented the latest headache as sturdy defenseman Nicklas Grossman suffered a lower-body injury and won’t return to tonight’s NBC Sports Network match against the Philadelphia Flyers, according to the team.
The Swede’s absence won’t be noticed much offensively (three points in 22 games), but he’s a reliable guy in his own zone. The Flyers trust him with an average of 18:34 minutes per night.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54