Mar 5, 2013, 8:59 PM EDT
Defense is a significant weakness for the Philadelphia Flyers, so even seemingly minor injuries to blueliners can be a concern.
Tuesday presented the latest headache as sturdy defenseman Nicklas Grossman suffered a lower-body injury and won’t return to tonight’s NBC Sports Network match against the Philadelphia Flyers, according to the team.
The Swede’s absence won’t be noticed much offensively (three points in 22 games), but he’s a reliable guy in his own zone. The Flyers trust him with an average of 18:34 minutes per night.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)