Mar 5, 2013, 5:05 PM EDT
The deal pays him $725K in 2013-14 and $850K in 2014-15, averaging out to a cap hit of $787,500, according to TSN’s Bob McKenzie.
Holzer has two goals and zero assists in 16 games while averaging 19:04 of ice time. The 25-year-old German was drafted 111th overall in 2006 by the Maple Leafs and is still making the adjustment from the AHL to the NHL.
Financial terms of the contract were not disclosed. We’ll update the post when they become available.
Holzer is currently making $575,000 on a one-way deal, per CapGeek.
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 4
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 35
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 39
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)