Mar 5, 2013, 5:05 PM EST
The deal pays him $725K in 2013-14 and $850K in 2014-15, averaging out to a cap hit of $787,500, according to TSN’s Bob McKenzie.
Holzer has two goals and zero assists in 16 games while averaging 19:04 of ice time. The 25-year-old German was drafted 111th overall in 2006 by the Maple Leafs and is still making the adjustment from the AHL to the NHL.
Financial terms of the contract were not disclosed. We’ll update the post when they become available.
Holzer is currently making $575,000 on a one-way deal, per CapGeek.
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 0
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 36
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)