Mar 5, 2013, 5:05 PM EDT
The deal pays him $725K in 2013-14 and $850K in 2014-15, averaging out to a cap hit of $787,500, according to TSN’s Bob McKenzie.
Holzer has two goals and zero assists in 16 games while averaging 19:04 of ice time. The 25-year-old German was drafted 111th overall in 2006 by the Maple Leafs and is still making the adjustment from the AHL to the NHL.
Financial terms of the contract were not disclosed. We’ll update the post when they become available.
Holzer is currently making $575,000 on a one-way deal, per CapGeek.
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 1
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 2
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 25
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)