Mar 5, 2013, 11:41 AM EST
The Columbus Blue Jackets will have defenseman Jack Johnson back in the lineup tonight when they host Edmonton.
Johnson has missed four straight games, only one of which Columbus managed to win, with an upper-body injury suffered against St. Louis on Feb. 23.
In 18 games this season, the 26-year-old has one goal and seven assists and leads the Jackets in average ice time (26:13).
Whether or not he’ll be 100 percent against the Oilers is another thing. Per Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch, Johnson would only say he was “good enough” to suit up, and that “we’ll see” if he’s limited in any way.
Johnson also reportedly emphasized that his injury was not a shoulder injury.
In a related story, the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review is speculating that the Penguins could be interested in acquiring Johnson in a trade.
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 0
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 2
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 6
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 12
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 82
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 18
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (82)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)