Mar 5, 2013, 11:41 AM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets will have defenseman Jack Johnson back in the lineup tonight when they host Edmonton.
Johnson has missed four straight games, only one of which Columbus managed to win, with an upper-body injury suffered against St. Louis on Feb. 23.
In 18 games this season, the 26-year-old has one goal and seven assists and leads the Jackets in average ice time (26:13).
Whether or not he’ll be 100 percent against the Oilers is another thing. Per Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch, Johnson would only say he was “good enough” to suit up, and that “we’ll see” if he’s limited in any way.
Johnson also reportedly emphasized that his injury was not a shoulder injury.
In a related story, the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review is speculating that the Penguins could be interested in acquiring Johnson in a trade.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)