Mar 5, 2013, 1:27 PM EST
Islanders defenseman Lubomir Visnovsky will miss tonight’s home game versus Montreal, and probably Thursday’s contest versus the Rangers, with a personal issue.
Visnovsky was late joining the Islanders after the lockout ended, citing his son’s non-serious health issues as his reason for staying in Slovakia.
The 36-year-old has one goal and five assists in 12 games while averaging 23:06 of ice time.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 22
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 7
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 34
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11