Mar 5, 2013, 1:27 PM EDT
Islanders defenseman Lubomir Visnovsky will miss tonight’s home game versus Montreal, and probably Thursday’s contest versus the Rangers, with a personal issue.
Visnovsky was late joining the Islanders after the lockout ended, citing his son’s non-serious health issues as his reason for staying in Slovakia.
The 36-year-old has one goal and five assists in 12 games while averaging 23:06 of ice time.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 11
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 20
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 26
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 41
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 67
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 91
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 27
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (150)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (108)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)