Mar 5, 2013, 7:15 PM EDT
The one-of-a-kind defenseman has missed five of Winnipeg’s 21 games with injuries in 2013, so the team must be relieved that he was able to make it. It looked like it was anyone’s guess if he’d arrive at the game on time because of travel concerns.
With underrated partner in crime Tobias Enstrom on the mend, the 27-year-old’s presence is that much more important.
He’s had a productive season when healthy, scoring three goals and 10 points in 16 games with a +4 rating and a career-high average of 24:44 minutes per game.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 5
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 103
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 49
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 17
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63