Mar 5, 2013, 7:15 PM EDT
The one-of-a-kind defenseman has missed five of Winnipeg’s 21 games with injuries in 2013, so the team must be relieved that he was able to make it. It looked like it was anyone’s guess if he’d arrive at the game on time because of travel concerns.
With underrated partner in crime Tobias Enstrom on the mend, the 27-year-old’s presence is that much more important.
He’s had a productive season when healthy, scoring three goals and 10 points in 16 games with a +4 rating and a career-high average of 24:44 minutes per game.
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 16
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 24
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 34
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)