Mar 5, 2013, 7:15 PM EDT
The one-of-a-kind defenseman has missed five of Winnipeg’s 21 games with injuries in 2013, so the team must be relieved that he was able to make it. It looked like it was anyone’s guess if he’d arrive at the game on time because of travel concerns.
With underrated partner in crime Tobias Enstrom on the mend, the 27-year-old’s presence is that much more important.
He’s had a productive season when healthy, scoring three goals and 10 points in 16 games with a +4 rating and a career-high average of 24:44 minutes per game.
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 4
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 57
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)