Mar 5, 2013, 7:15 PM EDT
The one-of-a-kind defenseman has missed five of Winnipeg’s 21 games with injuries in 2013, so the team must be relieved that he was able to make it. It looked like it was anyone’s guess if he’d arrive at the game on time because of travel concerns.
With underrated partner in crime Tobias Enstrom on the mend, the 27-year-old’s presence is that much more important.
He’s had a productive season when healthy, scoring three goals and 10 points in 16 games with a +4 rating and a career-high average of 24:44 minutes per game.
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 9
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 18
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 36
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 13
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 125
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 6
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 15
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (125)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)