Mar 5, 2013, 4:51 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils have recalled Cam Janssen from AHL Albany.
The Devils put Janssen, 28, on waivers in late January and dispatched him to Albany upon clearing. He’s since appeared in 14 AHL games, recording two points and 37 PIM.
Janssen wasn’t much of a factor while with the Devils this year, appearing in just three games while posting a minus-1 rating.
This will give Janssen a chance to throw down with former teammate (and roomate!) BJ Crombeen.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (33)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)