Mar 5, 2013, 9:50 AM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens earned a 4-3 victory over the Boston Bruins on Sunday, but what was said about the contest has attracted far more attention.
“There was a lot of embellishment,” Bruins coach Claude Julien said on Sunday. “It’s pretty embarrassing for our game.”
It’s doubtful that Julien merely made those comments in the heat of the moment, given that he went on to talk yesterday about the need for the NHL address what he sees as an embellishment problem.
Now, the Canadiens have voiced their response.
“To me, those comments that he made were ridiculous and I think he was very frustrated to have lost that game,” Canadiens coach Michel Therrien, according to the team’s website. “Claude can concentrate on his team and I’ll concentrate on my own.”
Montreal Canadiens forward Max Pacioretty suggested that Julien made those comments because of “jealousy.”
“We’re at the top right now and reading comments like that is awesome,” Pacioretty added. “If we’re in last place, they wouldn’t be saying anything about us, but we’re in first place and it’s the best feeling in the world.”
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 1
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 17
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 16
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)