Mar 5, 2013, 9:50 AM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens earned a 4-3 victory over the Boston Bruins on Sunday, but what was said about the contest has attracted far more attention.
“There was a lot of embellishment,” Bruins coach Claude Julien said on Sunday. “It’s pretty embarrassing for our game.”
It’s doubtful that Julien merely made those comments in the heat of the moment, given that he went on to talk yesterday about the need for the NHL address what he sees as an embellishment problem.
Now, the Canadiens have voiced their response.
“To me, those comments that he made were ridiculous and I think he was very frustrated to have lost that game,” Canadiens coach Michel Therrien, according to the team’s website. “Claude can concentrate on his team and I’ll concentrate on my own.”
Montreal Canadiens forward Max Pacioretty suggested that Julien made those comments because of “jealousy.”
“We’re at the top right now and reading comments like that is awesome,” Pacioretty added. “If we’re in last place, they wouldn’t be saying anything about us, but we’re in first place and it’s the best feeling in the world.”
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 117
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (117)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (40)