Mar 5, 2013, 9:50 AM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens earned a 4-3 victory over the Boston Bruins on Sunday, but what was said about the contest has attracted far more attention.
“There was a lot of embellishment,” Bruins coach Claude Julien said on Sunday. “It’s pretty embarrassing for our game.”
It’s doubtful that Julien merely made those comments in the heat of the moment, given that he went on to talk yesterday about the need for the NHL address what he sees as an embellishment problem.
Now, the Canadiens have voiced their response.
“To me, those comments that he made were ridiculous and I think he was very frustrated to have lost that game,” Canadiens coach Michel Therrien, according to the team’s website. “Claude can concentrate on his team and I’ll concentrate on my own.”
Montreal Canadiens forward Max Pacioretty suggested that Julien made those comments because of “jealousy.”
“We’re at the top right now and reading comments like that is awesome,” Pacioretty added. “If we’re in last place, they wouldn’t be saying anything about us, but we’re in first place and it’s the best feeling in the world.”
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 11
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 4
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 12
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 28
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)