Mar 5, 2013, 6:32 PM EDT
With a dispiriting 3-11-0 record since February began, the Tampa Bay Lightning need all the good news they can get. Luckily, they did indeed receive some solid injury updates on Tuesday.
“It’s not major; I’m day-to-day and I feel better today and hopefully I’m OK,” Garon said. “I’ll need to test it on the ice and, in a couple of days, hopefully I’ll be good.”
Another positive: the 35-year-old goalie said that his lower-body issue isn’t the same torn groin that ended his 2011-12 season.
That same report indicates that rugged winger Ryan Malone isn’t far from coming back for the Bolts. In fact, he might even play on Thursday (vs. Winnipeg) or Saturday (against Montreal). Here’s head coach Guy Boucher’s update:
“He’s getting closer and closer,” Boucher said. “He (had) a very tough practice (Tuesday) morning and we are waiting to hear from it.”
Malone, 33, has been sidelined since Feb. 10 with a lower-body injury.
- WATCH LIVE: Washington Capitals at Pittsburgh Penguins 0
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 13
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 53
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 26
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (62)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)