Mar 5, 2013, 6:32 PM EDT
With a dispiriting 3-11-0 record since February began, the Tampa Bay Lightning need all the good news they can get. Luckily, they did indeed receive some solid injury updates on Tuesday.
“It’s not major; I’m day-to-day and I feel better today and hopefully I’m OK,” Garon said. “I’ll need to test it on the ice and, in a couple of days, hopefully I’ll be good.”
Another positive: the 35-year-old goalie said that his lower-body issue isn’t the same torn groin that ended his 2011-12 season.
That same report indicates that rugged winger Ryan Malone isn’t far from coming back for the Bolts. In fact, he might even play on Thursday (vs. Winnipeg) or Saturday (against Montreal). Here’s head coach Guy Boucher’s update:
“He’s getting closer and closer,” Boucher said. “He (had) a very tough practice (Tuesday) morning and we are waiting to hear from it.”
Malone, 33, has been sidelined since Feb. 10 with a lower-body injury.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 13
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 9
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 7
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 14
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 53
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 62
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1