Mar 5, 2013, 6:32 PM EDT
With a dispiriting 3-11-0 record since February began, the Tampa Bay Lightning need all the good news they can get. Luckily, they did indeed receive some solid injury updates on Tuesday.
“It’s not major; I’m day-to-day and I feel better today and hopefully I’m OK,” Garon said. “I’ll need to test it on the ice and, in a couple of days, hopefully I’ll be good.”
Another positive: the 35-year-old goalie said that his lower-body issue isn’t the same torn groin that ended his 2011-12 season.
That same report indicates that rugged winger Ryan Malone isn’t far from coming back for the Bolts. In fact, he might even play on Thursday (vs. Winnipeg) or Saturday (against Montreal). Here’s head coach Guy Boucher’s update:
“He’s getting closer and closer,” Boucher said. “He (had) a very tough practice (Tuesday) morning and we are waiting to hear from it.”
Malone, 33, has been sidelined since Feb. 10 with a lower-body injury.
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 0
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 5
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 28
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)