Mar 5, 2013, 6:32 PM EST
With a dispiriting 3-11-0 record since February began, the Tampa Bay Lightning need all the good news they can get. Luckily, they did indeed receive some solid injury updates on Tuesday.
“It’s not major; I’m day-to-day and I feel better today and hopefully I’m OK,” Garon said. “I’ll need to test it on the ice and, in a couple of days, hopefully I’ll be good.”
Another positive: the 35-year-old goalie said that his lower-body issue isn’t the same torn groin that ended his 2011-12 season.
That same report indicates that rugged winger Ryan Malone isn’t far from coming back for the Bolts. In fact, he might even play on Thursday (vs. Winnipeg) or Saturday (against Montreal). Here’s head coach Guy Boucher’s update:
“He’s getting closer and closer,” Boucher said. “He (had) a very tough practice (Tuesday) morning and we are waiting to hear from it.”
Malone, 33, has been sidelined since Feb. 10 with a lower-body injury.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 27
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 14
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 83
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 4
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (83)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)