Mar 5, 2013, 12:47 PM EST
Dave Bolland will be back in the Blackhawks’ lineup tonight against Minnesota after missing five games with…um, well, it wasn’t a concussion.
Bolland wouldn’t elaborate on what kept him out, according to Tim Sassone of the Daily Herald. The 26-year-old center would only say it wasn’t a concussion.
Bolland missed the last 14 games of the 2010-11 regular season, as well as three playoff games, with a head injury. Thus, all the concussion talk now.
The Blackhawks, you may have heard, have yet to lose a game in regulation. But the Wild are playing well, too, and would love to stop Chicago’s points streak at 22 games.
“You love that challenge,” Wild coach Mike Yeo told NHL.com. “Any competitor, any athlete loves that challenge. This is a pretty great one. They’ve got it all going right now. We recognize what kind of challenge this is going to be. The great competitors love that opportunity.”
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 0
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 12
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 45
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 54
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (54)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)