Mar 5, 2013, 12:47 PM EDT
Dave Bolland will be back in the Blackhawks’ lineup tonight against Minnesota after missing five games with…um, well, it wasn’t a concussion.
Bolland wouldn’t elaborate on what kept him out, according to Tim Sassone of the Daily Herald. The 26-year-old center would only say it wasn’t a concussion.
Bolland missed the last 14 games of the 2010-11 regular season, as well as three playoff games, with a head injury. Thus, all the concussion talk now.
The Blackhawks, you may have heard, have yet to lose a game in regulation. But the Wild are playing well, too, and would love to stop Chicago’s points streak at 22 games.
“You love that challenge,” Wild coach Mike Yeo told NHL.com. “Any competitor, any athlete loves that challenge. This is a pretty great one. They’ve got it all going right now. We recognize what kind of challenge this is going to be. The great competitors love that opportunity.”
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 70
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)