Mar 5, 2013, 6:43 PM EDT
All head coach John Tortorella said is that Richards, 32, is “banged up.” This post indicates that his back might be the problem.
The largest concern is that the star center might be experiencing concussion issues. That problem derailed his 2010-11 season, which was his final campaign with the Dallas Stars.
He played all 82 games for the Rangers last season.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 28
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 41
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 29
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 59
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6