Mar 5, 2013, 6:43 PM EDT
All head coach John Tortorella said is that Richards, 32, is “banged up.” This post indicates that his back might be the problem.
The largest concern is that the star center might be experiencing concussion issues. That problem derailed his 2010-11 season, which was his final campaign with the Dallas Stars.
He played all 82 games for the Rangers last season.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18