Mar 4, 2013, 4:58 PM EDT
Per CSNPhilly.com, Read (torn rib cage muscles) practiced today at the Flyers’ facility in New Jersey, and even took a “a bump here and there” from teammates.
“I get better every day,” the 26-year-old said, per CSNPhilly.com. “It could be a week, two weeks or three weeks. I gotta wait till I’m 100 percent. I’d love to play tomorrow night but obviously, it’s an injury you want to be 100 percent so when you are playing the game you take a hit and battle and stuff like that.”
Read had seven goals and six assists in 18 games before hurting himself Feb. 20 in Pittsburgh. Even though he’s missed five games, he’s still tied for fifth in team scoring with 13 points.
“It’s getting better every day but at the same time, I don’t want to re-injure myself,” he cautioned. “When I come back I want to make sure it’s 100 percent so that when I get hit in a game I am strong enough to take it and play through the battle.”
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 54
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 21
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 22
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- LIVE: Stanley Cup Final Game 4 pregame show
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming