Mar 4, 2013, 4:58 PM EST
Per CSNPhilly.com, Read (torn rib cage muscles) practiced today at the Flyers’ facility in New Jersey, and even took a “a bump here and there” from teammates.
“I get better every day,” the 26-year-old said, per CSNPhilly.com. “It could be a week, two weeks or three weeks. I gotta wait till I’m 100 percent. I’d love to play tomorrow night but obviously, it’s an injury you want to be 100 percent so when you are playing the game you take a hit and battle and stuff like that.”
Read had seven goals and six assists in 18 games before hurting himself Feb. 20 in Pittsburgh. Even though he’s missed five games, he’s still tied for fifth in team scoring with 13 points.
“It’s getting better every day but at the same time, I don’t want to re-injure myself,” he cautioned. “When I come back I want to make sure it’s 100 percent so that when I get hit in a game I am strong enough to take it and play through the battle.”
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 21
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 20
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 22
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 45
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 9