Mar 4, 2013, 4:58 PM EDT
Per CSNPhilly.com, Read (torn rib cage muscles) practiced today at the Flyers’ facility in New Jersey, and even took a “a bump here and there” from teammates.
“I get better every day,” the 26-year-old said, per CSNPhilly.com. “It could be a week, two weeks or three weeks. I gotta wait till I’m 100 percent. I’d love to play tomorrow night but obviously, it’s an injury you want to be 100 percent so when you are playing the game you take a hit and battle and stuff like that.”
Read had seven goals and six assists in 18 games before hurting himself Feb. 20 in Pittsburgh. Even though he’s missed five games, he’s still tied for fifth in team scoring with 13 points.
“It’s getting better every day but at the same time, I don’t want to re-injure myself,” he cautioned. “When I come back I want to make sure it’s 100 percent so that when I get hit in a game I am strong enough to take it and play through the battle.”
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 16
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13