Mar 4, 2013, 12:02 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators have placed defenseman Hal Gill on injured reserve.
Gill, 37, hasn’t played since logging just 4:07 of ice time against Detroit on Feb. 23, missing Nashville’s last three games.
The veteran blueliner is listed with a lower-body injury and didn’t travel with the Preds on their current road trip — they’ve lost back-to-back games to the Ducks and Sharks, and will face the Kings tonight at Staples.
Dirk Hoag of SB Nation’s On the Forecheck notes that players put on IR can’t play seven days from the date of the injury, and that Gill was put on the list well after the seven-day window.
Gill’s had a rough go of things health-wise since coming over from Montreal at last year’s trade deadline. He only managed to appear in 15 regular season contests with Nashville last year and just five of its 10 playoff games because of a broken tibia.
Gill signed a two-year, $4 million extension with the Preds during the summer.
Apr 17, 2015, 11:34 PM EDT
In Las Vegas.
Apr 17, 2015, 11:21 PM EDT
All the breaks seem to be going Chicago’s way.
Apr 17, 2015, 11:19 PM EDT
Second key player Nashville’s lost in as many games.
Apr 17, 2015, 10:52 PM EDT
Not a great start to the playoffs for Corey Crawford.
Apr 17, 2015, 10:46 PM EDT
Johnny Boychuk admits Isles let one slip away.
Apr 17, 2015, 10:12 PM EDT
Ottawa will need magic at home.
Apr 17, 2015, 9:53 PM EDT
Quite a comeback win for Washington.
Apr 17, 2015, 9:25 PM EDT
He blew the Islanders’ minds on this one.
Apr 17, 2015, 8:37 PM EDT
Updated with P.K. Subban’s booming goal.
Apr 17, 2015, 8:02 PM EDT
Awesome countered by awesomeness.
Apr 17, 2015, 7:02 PM EDT
He seemed tentative in warm-ups …
Apr 17, 2015, 6:39 PM EDT
Apr 17, 2015, 6:28 PM EDT
No pressure, kid.
Apr 17, 2015, 5:55 PM EDT
Game 2’s galore.
Apr 17, 2015, 5:07 PM EDT
“It seems when we lose a game everyone’s really focused to get back on the winning track.”
Apr 17, 2015, 4:05 PM EDT
Mike Fisher looks like he’s unable to go.
Apr 17, 2015, 3:11 PM EDT
After racking up 78 points in 69 games.
Apr 17, 2015, 2:35 PM EDT
He’s no Eric Lindros.
Apr 17, 2015, 1:52 PM EDT
Montreal could be without two of its better offensive forwards.
Apr 17, 2015, 1:47 PM EDT
“We just didn’t get the bounces tonight. “
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession 0
- Video: Controversial Kane goal has Laviolette fuming 2
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 2
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 36
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 45
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38