Mar 4, 2013, 12:02 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators have placed defenseman Hal Gill on injured reserve.
Gill, 37, hasn’t played since logging just 4:07 of ice time against Detroit on Feb. 23, missing Nashville’s last three games.
The veteran blueliner is listed with a lower-body injury and didn’t travel with the Preds on their current road trip — they’ve lost back-to-back games to the Ducks and Sharks, and will face the Kings tonight at Staples.
Dirk Hoag of SB Nation’s On the Forecheck notes that players put on IR can’t play seven days from the date of the injury, and that Gill was put on the list well after the seven-day window.
Gill’s had a rough go of things health-wise since coming over from Montreal at last year’s trade deadline. He only managed to appear in 15 regular season contests with Nashville last year and just five of its 10 playoff games because of a broken tibia.
Gill signed a two-year, $4 million extension with the Preds during the summer.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)