Mar 4, 2013, 11:49 AM EDT
Pittsburgh forward Evgeni Malkin will be back in action tonight when the Penguins host Tampa Bay.
After practice, Pens coach Dan Bylsma said that Malkin — who the club says passed an ImPACT test (Immediate Post-Concussion Assessment and Cognitive Testing) — has been feeling good for a full week and will be in the lineup.
Of course, while it will be nice to have one of hockey’s most dangerous scorers back, the Penguins have to be more concerned about their defensive play, especially against Steven Stamkos and the NHL’s top offense.
Pittsburgh is coming off a 7-6 overtime win Saturday in Montreal and has surrendered 16 goals in its last three games.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40