Mar 4, 2013, 4:00 PM EDT
Marcus Johansson could be ready to return to the Washington lineup soon. The Capitals’ forward who’s been out with an upper-body injury for almost a month had a good skate today at practice and could reportedly play Thursday at home to Florida.
“He looked a lot better today,” Caps coach Adam Oates said. “He looked like he had jump. He needs some skates at full speed and contact. But we’ll talk about how ready he feels.”
It’s been a tough 2013 for Johansson, and not just for health reasons. The 22-year-old has just one goal and four shots in the nine games he’s managed to play. This after piling up 46 points in 80 games last season.
In other Caps injury news, defenseman Mike Green stayed off the ice today as he continues to rest his troublesome groin.
“He just needs to feel comfortable and we’re waiting for that moment where it’s OK to go again,” said Oates on Green.
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 0
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 15
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 6
- Senators’ coach MacLean: Karlsson ‘wasn’t one of the best players’ 4
- Discuss: Penguins defeat Senators in Game 2; lead series 2-0 36
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators 89
- Torres won’t appeal suspension, Sharks call punishment ‘grossly unfair’ 10
- Flyers owner Snider: ‘I didn’t pick Bryz’ 60
- Sens’ MacLean, Ducks’ Boudreau, Hawks’ Quenneville are Jack Adams finalists 23
- Playoffs Tonight: ‘Pesky’ Sens fight to even series vs Pens 18
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Discuss: Penguins knock Islanders out of playoffs (99)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (89)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness