Mar 4, 2013, 4:00 PM EST
Marcus Johansson could be ready to return to the Washington lineup soon. The Capitals’ forward who’s been out with an upper-body injury for almost a month had a good skate today at practice and could reportedly play Thursday at home to Florida.
“He looked a lot better today,” Caps coach Adam Oates said. “He looked like he had jump. He needs some skates at full speed and contact. But we’ll talk about how ready he feels.”
It’s been a tough 2013 for Johansson, and not just for health reasons. The 22-year-old has just one goal and four shots in the nine games he’s managed to play. This after piling up 46 points in 80 games last season.
In other Caps injury news, defenseman Mike Green stayed off the ice today as he continues to rest his troublesome groin.
“He just needs to feel comfortable and we’re waiting for that moment where it’s OK to go again,” said Oates on Green.
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 37
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 27
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 75
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 20
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 29
- Video: Fight erupts between Penguins and Capitals inside Pittsburgh’s bench 40
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (75)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)