Mar 4, 2013, 12:14 PM EDT
After registering a least a point in all four games and racking up seven points in total, Montreal Canadiens winger Max Pacioretty was named the NHL’s first start of the week on Monday.
Pacioretty, 24, notched an assist against Ottawa, two goals against the Leafs and 1G-1A against the Penguins and Bruins — pacing the Canadiens to top spot in the Eastern Conference.
He now leads the Habs in scoring (8G-12A-20PTS) and sits 25th overall in the league.
Second star went to Boston center Patrice Bergeron.
Like Pacioretty, he also registered points in each of his four games last week, finishing with the league lead in both assists (five) and points (seven). Bergeron’s scoring binge moved him past teammates Brad Marchand, David Krejci and Tyler Seguin into Boston’s team scoring lead, with 18 points.
Third star went to Minnesota goalie Niklas Backstrom.
Backstrom, 35, went 3-0-0 with a 2.00 GAA as the Wild moved into sixth place in the Western Conference, just two points back of Northwest Division-leading Vancouver for third spot overall.
The Finnish netminder stopped 20 of 21 shots against Calgary, 25 of 28 against Phoenix and 19 of 21 against Edmonton and is now 9-5-2 on the year with a 2.21 GAA and .917 save percentage.
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 0
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 2
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 10
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 26
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 12
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 68
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 6
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination