Mar 4, 2013, 10:45 PM EST
Johan Hedberg had a rough night on Monday, allowing some softies as Toronto beat New Jersey 4-2. The Devils have a goalie decision to make tomorrow, and head coach Peter DeBoer told the Bergen Record’s Tom Gulitti that he’s “a little bit” worried about the veteran’s confidence.
Hedberg, 39, has frequently been strong in relief of Brodeur in recent years, but things have been ugly during this skid. He’s gone 0-4-1 in those five games, allowing 17 goals in the process.
The aging backup didn’t sugarcoat his struggles to Gulitti.
“Tonight we were playing well enough to win. We need some saves. Seriously,” Hedberg said. “I’ve got to play better for us to get out of this.”
The Devils have slumped their way to seventh place in the East with 25 points in 22 games (10-7-5).
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 4
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 22
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21