Mar 4, 2013, 10:45 PM EST
Johan Hedberg had a rough night on Monday, allowing some softies as Toronto beat New Jersey 4-2. The Devils have a goalie decision to make tomorrow, and head coach Peter DeBoer told the Bergen Record’s Tom Gulitti that he’s “a little bit” worried about the veteran’s confidence.
Hedberg, 39, has frequently been strong in relief of Brodeur in recent years, but things have been ugly during this skid. He’s gone 0-4-1 in those five games, allowing 17 goals in the process.
The aging backup didn’t sugarcoat his struggles to Gulitti.
“Tonight we were playing well enough to win. We need some saves. Seriously,” Hedberg said. “I’ve got to play better for us to get out of this.”
The Devils have slumped their way to seventh place in the East with 25 points in 22 games (10-7-5).
- Martin Jones gets another shutout, remains undefeated 12
- Video: Tom Wilson gets tossed for charging Brayden Schenn 52
- Video: Kyle Quincey ejected for boarding Ryan Getzlaf 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Third time’s the charm for Flyers vs Capitals? 8
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head 71
- Potter suspended two games for boarding Bonino 3
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension 107
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver 100
- Pittsburgh’s special teams have been pretty good; Florida’s not so much 3
- Flyers blow 4-1 lead, Caps win in shootout 25
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Bylsma: Neal needs to learn from Marchand hit (114)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (100)