Mar 4, 2013, 10:45 PM EST
Johan Hedberg had a rough night on Monday, allowing some softies as Toronto beat New Jersey 4-2. The Devils have a goalie decision to make tomorrow, and head coach Peter DeBoer told the Bergen Record’s Tom Gulitti that he’s “a little bit” worried about the veteran’s confidence.
Hedberg, 39, has frequently been strong in relief of Brodeur in recent years, but things have been ugly during this skid. He’s gone 0-4-1 in those five games, allowing 17 goals in the process.
The aging backup didn’t sugarcoat his struggles to Gulitti.
“Tonight we were playing well enough to win. We need some saves. Seriously,” Hedberg said. “I’ve got to play better for us to get out of this.”
The Devils have slumped their way to seventh place in the East with 25 points in 22 games (10-7-5).
- In praise of the Hamburglar 11
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 6
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 15
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)