Mar 4, 2013, 9:22 PM EDT
The 26-year-old forward is generally known more for his strong defensive work, although he’s been off to hot offensive start. Thanks in part to a 25.9 percent shooting efficiency, Hanzal has seven goals and 10 points overall in 12 contests.
The Coyotes went 2-2-1 in his absence.
Phoenix must be especially delighted to welcome the two-way pivot back into the fold because the team is in the middle of an odd three-game run of matches versus division rival Anaheim. The ‘Yotes managed to win the first contest 5-4 via a shootout on Saturday.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2