Mar 4, 2013, 9:22 PM EDT
The 26-year-old forward is generally known more for his strong defensive work, although he’s been off to hot offensive start. Thanks in part to a 25.9 percent shooting efficiency, Hanzal has seven goals and 10 points overall in 12 contests.
The Coyotes went 2-2-1 in his absence.
Phoenix must be especially delighted to welcome the two-way pivot back into the fold because the team is in the middle of an odd three-game run of matches versus division rival Anaheim. The ‘Yotes managed to win the first contest 5-4 via a shootout on Saturday.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)