Mar 4, 2013, 9:22 PM EST
The 26-year-old forward is generally known more for his strong defensive work, although he’s been off to hot offensive start. Thanks in part to a 25.9 percent shooting efficiency, Hanzal has seven goals and 10 points overall in 12 contests.
The Coyotes went 2-2-1 in his absence.
Phoenix must be especially delighted to welcome the two-way pivot back into the fold because the team is in the middle of an odd three-game run of matches versus division rival Anaheim. The ‘Yotes managed to win the first contest 5-4 via a shootout on Saturday.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)