Mar 4, 2013, 9:22 PM EDT
The 26-year-old forward is generally known more for his strong defensive work, although he’s been off to hot offensive start. Thanks in part to a 25.9 percent shooting efficiency, Hanzal has seven goals and 10 points overall in 12 contests.
The Coyotes went 2-2-1 in his absence.
Phoenix must be especially delighted to welcome the two-way pivot back into the fold because the team is in the middle of an odd three-game run of matches versus division rival Anaheim. The ‘Yotes managed to win the first contest 5-4 via a shootout on Saturday.
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 23
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 46
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 20
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 85
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 47
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (87)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)