Mar 4, 2013, 9:22 PM EST
The 26-year-old forward is generally known more for his strong defensive work, although he’s been off to hot offensive start. Thanks in part to a 25.9 percent shooting efficiency, Hanzal has seven goals and 10 points overall in 12 contests.
The Coyotes went 2-2-1 in his absence.
Phoenix must be especially delighted to welcome the two-way pivot back into the fold because the team is in the middle of an odd three-game run of matches versus division rival Anaheim. The ‘Yotes managed to win the first contest 5-4 via a shootout on Saturday.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 8
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 18
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 48
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 54
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (54)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)