Mar 4, 2013, 7:22 PM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks had a frustrating Sunday, experiencing weather-related flight delays and eventually losing to the Calgary Flames 4-2. Head coach Alain Vigneault was more frustrated with the officiating than anything else last night, it seemed.
Vigneault was clearly upset with a two-minute bench minor he received 10:35 into the third period for “abuse of an official.”
His post-game comments might raise a few eyebrows around the league (warning: a bit on the NSFW side):
Speaking of accountability, it’s common for coaches in various leagues to get fined for criticizing officials. The NHL does so, but we might not find out if Vigneault’s wallet is a little lighter after that tirade, as the Vancouver Sun’s Brad Ziemer notes.
NHL generally doesn’t disclose fines to coaches & won’t say whether Vigneault was fined for his post-game remarks Sunday night. #Canucks
— Brad Ziemer (@BradZiemer) March 4, 2013
Hey, if nothing else, Vigneault might have some more common ground with 2011 Stanley Cup finals rival Claude Julien. The Boston Bruins bench boss found himself fuming about officiating on Sunday, as well.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)