Mar 4, 2013, 7:22 PM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks had a frustrating Sunday, experiencing weather-related flight delays and eventually losing to the Calgary Flames 4-2. Head coach Alain Vigneault was more frustrated with the officiating than anything else last night, it seemed.
Vigneault was clearly upset with a two-minute bench minor he received 10:35 into the third period for “abuse of an official.”
His post-game comments might raise a few eyebrows around the league (warning: a bit on the NSFW side):
Speaking of accountability, it’s common for coaches in various leagues to get fined for criticizing officials. The NHL does so, but we might not find out if Vigneault’s wallet is a little lighter after that tirade, as the Vancouver Sun’s Brad Ziemer notes.
NHL generally doesn’t disclose fines to coaches & won’t say whether Vigneault was fined for his post-game remarks Sunday night. #Canucks
— Brad Ziemer (@BradZiemer) March 4, 2013
Hey, if nothing else, Vigneault might have some more common ground with 2011 Stanley Cup finals rival Claude Julien. The Boston Bruins bench boss found himself fuming about officiating on Sunday, as well.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 14
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 1
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 16
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13