Mar 4, 2013, 7:22 PM EST
The Vancouver Canucks had a frustrating Sunday, experiencing weather-related flight delays and eventually losing to the Calgary Flames 4-2. Head coach Alain Vigneault was more frustrated with the officiating than anything else last night, it seemed.
Vigneault was clearly upset with a two-minute bench minor he received 10:35 into the third period for “abuse of an official.”
His post-game comments might raise a few eyebrows around the league (warning: a bit on the NSFW side):
Speaking of accountability, it’s common for coaches in various leagues to get fined for criticizing officials. The NHL does so, but we might not find out if Vigneault’s wallet is a little lighter after that tirade, as the Vancouver Sun’s Brad Ziemer notes.
NHL generally doesn’t disclose fines to coaches & won’t say whether Vigneault was fined for his post-game remarks Sunday night. #Canucks
— Brad Ziemer (@BradZiemer) March 4, 2013
Hey, if nothing else, Vigneault might have some more common ground with 2011 Stanley Cup finals rival Claude Julien. The Boston Bruins bench boss found himself fuming about officiating on Sunday, as well.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 119
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (181)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (119)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)