Mar 4, 2013, 7:22 PM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks had a frustrating Sunday, experiencing weather-related flight delays and eventually losing to the Calgary Flames 4-2. Head coach Alain Vigneault was more frustrated with the officiating than anything else last night, it seemed.
Vigneault was clearly upset with a two-minute bench minor he received 10:35 into the third period for “abuse of an official.”
His post-game comments might raise a few eyebrows around the league (warning: a bit on the NSFW side):
Speaking of accountability, it’s common for coaches in various leagues to get fined for criticizing officials. The NHL does so, but we might not find out if Vigneault’s wallet is a little lighter after that tirade, as the Vancouver Sun’s Brad Ziemer notes.
NHL generally doesn’t disclose fines to coaches & won’t say whether Vigneault was fined for his post-game remarks Sunday night. #Canucks
— Brad Ziemer (@BradZiemer) March 4, 2013
Hey, if nothing else, Vigneault might have some more common ground with 2011 Stanley Cup finals rival Claude Julien. The Boston Bruins bench boss found himself fuming about officiating on Sunday, as well.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 19
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 14
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 32
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 45
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 50
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 28
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10