Mar 4, 2013, 6:45 PM EDT
While franchise goalie Cam Ward‘s knee injury is by far the biggest concern, it appears that Chad LaRose also might have gotten hurt during the Carolina Hurricanes’ costly home-and-home series with the Florida Panthers during the weekend.
LaRose, 30, has been diagnosed with a concussion, according to the Raleigh News & Observer’s Chip Alexander.
There aren’t many details about the injury yet, including what hit might have caused it.
The rugged winger missed Sunday’s rematch against the Panthers after playing 14 minutes on Saturday.
In previous seasons, this loss would be a little more significant.
The acquisitions of Alexander Semin and Jordan Staal bumped LaRose down the lineup. He’s now averaging about 12 and a half minutes after ranging between 15 and 16:45 the last four campaigns. That lowered ice time shows in his offensive numbers, as he only has three points in 19 games after scoring about 30 per season.
Even with that reduced role for LaRose, the Canes must be a little concerned that injuries are starting to pile up.
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 0
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 5
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 20
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 16
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 18
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 19
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 71
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 101
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 20
- Official: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 33
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (94)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement