Mar 4, 2013, 6:45 PM EDT
While franchise goalie Cam Ward‘s knee injury is by far the biggest concern, it appears that Chad LaRose also might have gotten hurt during the Carolina Hurricanes’ costly home-and-home series with the Florida Panthers during the weekend.
LaRose, 30, has been diagnosed with a concussion, according to the Raleigh News & Observer’s Chip Alexander.
There aren’t many details about the injury yet, including what hit might have caused it.
The rugged winger missed Sunday’s rematch against the Panthers after playing 14 minutes on Saturday.
In previous seasons, this loss would be a little more significant.
The acquisitions of Alexander Semin and Jordan Staal bumped LaRose down the lineup. He’s now averaging about 12 and a half minutes after ranging between 15 and 16:45 the last four campaigns. That lowered ice time shows in his offensive numbers, as he only has three points in 19 games after scoring about 30 per season.
Even with that reduced role for LaRose, the Canes must be a little concerned that injuries are starting to pile up.
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 12
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 8
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 31
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 110
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 11
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 63
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 37