Mar 4, 2013, 6:45 PM EST
While franchise goalie Cam Ward‘s knee injury is by far the biggest concern, it appears that Chad LaRose also might have gotten hurt during the Carolina Hurricanes’ costly home-and-home series with the Florida Panthers during the weekend.
LaRose, 30, has been diagnosed with a concussion, according to the Raleigh News & Observer’s Chip Alexander.
There aren’t many details about the injury yet, including what hit might have caused it.
The rugged winger missed Sunday’s rematch against the Panthers after playing 14 minutes on Saturday.
In previous seasons, this loss would be a little more significant.
The acquisitions of Alexander Semin and Jordan Staal bumped LaRose down the lineup. He’s now averaging about 12 and a half minutes after ranging between 15 and 16:45 the last four campaigns. That lowered ice time shows in his offensive numbers, as he only has three points in 19 games after scoring about 30 per season.
Even with that reduced role for LaRose, the Canes must be a little concerned that injuries are starting to pile up.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 3
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 57
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)