Mar 4, 2013, 8:48 PM EDT
It might just be for precautionary reasons, but New York Rangers center Brad Richards didn’t practice on Monday after being on the receiving end of Patrick Kaleta‘s suspension-worthy hit on Sunday, according to the New York Daily News.
Head coach John Tortorella doesn’t seem too concerned, though.
“He’ll be fine,” Tortorella said.
The 32-year-old suffered from a concussion during his last season with the Dallas Stars in 2010-11, so it makes sense that the Rangers are treading lightly.
Richards returned to action after taking that hit in the third period of Sunday’s game against the Buffalo Sabres, yet plenty of players have missed time after further evaluation in similar situations.
We’ll see if that check costs Richards any games. As you probably know, Kaleta will sit out five contests either way.
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 3
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 11
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 33
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 72
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (72)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Cleary: 'We won't be exchanging Christmas cards'
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off
- Play Video: Blackhawks score on controversial play
- Play Video: Blackhawks bring the pain
- Play Video: Red Wings and BlackHawks fighting for control