Mar 4, 2013, 9:06 PM EDT
Tampa Bay Lightning goalie Anders Lindback lost his grip on the starting job – at least temporarily – after a rough game against the Pittsburgh Penguins on Feb. 24. He’ll get a chance to reestablish himself against that same team tonight thanks to Mathieu Garon‘s injury.
It’s too early to tell how severe Garon’s issue might be. Garon appeared to hurt himself while making a post-to-post save early in the second period.
Lightning head coach Guy Boucher just told Pierre McGuire that they’re playing it safe with the 35-year-old veteran, which likely means that Lindback will stay in net on Monday.
Lindback, 24, has a 7-4-1 record but bad individual stats (.890 save percentage, 3.27 GAA) so far in 2013. You can judge his work for yourself as the Bolts face the Penguins on NBC Sports Network as of this writing.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 27
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 44
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)