Mar 4, 2013, 9:06 PM EDT
Tampa Bay Lightning goalie Anders Lindback lost his grip on the starting job – at least temporarily – after a rough game against the Pittsburgh Penguins on Feb. 24. He’ll get a chance to reestablish himself against that same team tonight thanks to Mathieu Garon‘s injury.
It’s too early to tell how severe Garon’s issue might be. Garon appeared to hurt himself while making a post-to-post save early in the second period.
Lightning head coach Guy Boucher just told Pierre McGuire that they’re playing it safe with the 35-year-old veteran, which likely means that Lindback will stay in net on Monday.
Lindback, 24, has a 7-4-1 record but bad individual stats (.890 save percentage, 3.27 GAA) so far in 2013. You can judge his work for yourself as the Bolts face the Penguins on NBC Sports Network as of this writing.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)