Mar 4, 2013, 9:06 PM EDT
Tampa Bay Lightning goalie Anders Lindback lost his grip on the starting job – at least temporarily – after a rough game against the Pittsburgh Penguins on Feb. 24. He’ll get a chance to reestablish himself against that same team tonight thanks to Mathieu Garon‘s injury.
It’s too early to tell how severe Garon’s issue might be. Garon appeared to hurt himself while making a post-to-post save early in the second period.
Lightning head coach Guy Boucher just told Pierre McGuire that they’re playing it safe with the 35-year-old veteran, which likely means that Lindback will stay in net on Monday.
Lindback, 24, has a 7-4-1 record but bad individual stats (.890 save percentage, 3.27 GAA) so far in 2013. You can judge his work for yourself as the Bolts face the Penguins on NBC Sports Network as of this writing.
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 2
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 32
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 143
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 15
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 28
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (145)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)