Mar 4, 2013, 9:06 PM EDT
Tampa Bay Lightning goalie Anders Lindback lost his grip on the starting job – at least temporarily – after a rough game against the Pittsburgh Penguins on Feb. 24. He’ll get a chance to reestablish himself against that same team tonight thanks to Mathieu Garon‘s injury.
It’s too early to tell how severe Garon’s issue might be. Garon appeared to hurt himself while making a post-to-post save early in the second period.
Lightning head coach Guy Boucher just told Pierre McGuire that they’re playing it safe with the 35-year-old veteran, which likely means that Lindback will stay in net on Monday.
Lindback, 24, has a 7-4-1 record but bad individual stats (.890 save percentage, 3.27 GAA) so far in 2013. You can judge his work for yourself as the Bolts face the Penguins on NBC Sports Network as of this writing.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 15
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 14
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5