Mar 4, 2013, 4:28 PM EDT
Bennett, the 20th overall pick in the 2010 draft, had a goal and two assists in eight games with the Pens. The 21-year-old scored his first NHL goal against Tampa Bay on Feb. 24.
The Penguins also placed forward Zach Boychuk on waivers today, the same day the club announced the return of forward Evgeni Malkin to tonight’s lineup.
Boychuk, 23, failed to notch a point in seven games after being picked up from Carolina.
It’s possible Bennett could be called back if Boychuk is claimed or sent down.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)