Mar 4, 2013, 4:28 PM EST
Bennett, the 20th overall pick in the 2010 draft, had a goal and two assists in eight games with the Pens. The 21-year-old scored his first NHL goal against Tampa Bay on Feb. 24.
The Penguins also placed forward Zach Boychuk on waivers today, the same day the club announced the return of forward Evgeni Malkin to tonight’s lineup.
Boychuk, 23, failed to notch a point in seven games after being picked up from Carolina.
It’s possible Bennett could be called back if Boychuk is claimed or sent down.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 0
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 6
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 11
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 29
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5