Mar 4, 2013, 4:28 PM EDT
Bennett, the 20th overall pick in the 2010 draft, had a goal and two assists in eight games with the Pens. The 21-year-old scored his first NHL goal against Tampa Bay on Feb. 24.
The Penguins also placed forward Zach Boychuk on waivers today, the same day the club announced the return of forward Evgeni Malkin to tonight’s lineup.
Boychuk, 23, failed to notch a point in seven games after being picked up from Carolina.
It’s possible Bennett could be called back if Boychuk is claimed or sent down.
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 34
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 16
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 14
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 36
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 59
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 94
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead