Mar 4, 2013, 4:28 PM EDT
Bennett, the 20th overall pick in the 2010 draft, had a goal and two assists in eight games with the Pens. The 21-year-old scored his first NHL goal against Tampa Bay on Feb. 24.
The Penguins also placed forward Zach Boychuk on waivers today, the same day the club announced the return of forward Evgeni Malkin to tonight’s lineup.
Boychuk, 23, failed to notch a point in seven games after being picked up from Carolina.
It’s possible Bennett could be called back if Boychuk is claimed or sent down.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 9
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)