Mar 3, 2013, 4:33 PM EDT
Brendan Shanahan and the Office of Player Safety handed out a four-game suspension to the Flyers forward for his reckless charge into Ottawa defenseman Mike Lundin. The ban will cost Zolnierczyk $12,972.96 in salary that goes to the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund.
Lundin suffered a concussion on the play and that injury helped play a part in earning Zolnierczyk a hefty suspension as a first-time offender. For the full explanation from Shanahan, let’s go to the video.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 4
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50