Mar 3, 2013, 4:33 PM EST
Brendan Shanahan and the Office of Player Safety handed out a four-game suspension to the Flyers forward for his reckless charge into Ottawa defenseman Mike Lundin. The ban will cost Zolnierczyk $12,972.96 in salary that goes to the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund.
Lundin suffered a concussion on the play and that injury helped play a part in earning Zolnierczyk a hefty suspension as a first-time offender. For the full explanation from Shanahan, let’s go to the video.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4