Mar 3, 2013, 4:02 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks continued their scorching hot start to the season extending their streak of games without a regulation loss to start the season to 22. Their 2-1 shootout victory over rival Detroit this afternoon saw not just Corey Crawford stand out as a hero but Patrick Kane as well.
Kane scored late in the third period to tie the game at 1-1 and then sealed the victory up with a great shootout goal to send the Blackhawks rolling along in record fashion.
Kane’s game-tying goal was the kind of snipe we’ve come to love seeing out of No. 88. Jimmy Howard, probably not so much. Howard got more Kane torture with his slow skate-up and rip in the shootout.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos! This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 0
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53