Mar 3, 2013, 4:02 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks continued their scorching hot start to the season extending their streak of games without a regulation loss to start the season to 22. Their 2-1 shootout victory over rival Detroit this afternoon saw not just Corey Crawford stand out as a hero but Patrick Kane as well.
Kane scored late in the third period to tie the game at 1-1 and then sealed the victory up with a great shootout goal to send the Blackhawks rolling along in record fashion.
Kane’s game-tying goal was the kind of snipe we’ve come to love seeing out of No. 88. Jimmy Howard, probably not so much. Howard got more Kane torture with his slow skate-up and rip in the shootout.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos! This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 100
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (103)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)