Mar 3, 2013, 4:02 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks continued their scorching hot start to the season extending their streak of games without a regulation loss to start the season to 22. Their 2-1 shootout victory over rival Detroit this afternoon saw not just Corey Crawford stand out as a hero but Patrick Kane as well.
Kane scored late in the third period to tie the game at 1-1 and then sealed the victory up with a great shootout goal to send the Blackhawks rolling along in record fashion.
Kane’s game-tying goal was the kind of snipe we’ve come to love seeing out of No. 88. Jimmy Howard, probably not so much. Howard got more Kane torture with his slow skate-up and rip in the shootout.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos! This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 8
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)