Mar 3, 2013, 4:02 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks continued their scorching hot start to the season extending their streak of games without a regulation loss to start the season to 22. Their 2-1 shootout victory over rival Detroit this afternoon saw not just Corey Crawford stand out as a hero but Patrick Kane as well.
Kane scored late in the third period to tie the game at 1-1 and then sealed the victory up with a great shootout goal to send the Blackhawks rolling along in record fashion.
Kane’s game-tying goal was the kind of snipe we’ve come to love seeing out of No. 88. Jimmy Howard, probably not so much. Howard got more Kane torture with his slow skate-up and rip in the shootout.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos! This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 23
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 40
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 29
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 24
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 58
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6