Mar 3, 2013, 4:02 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks continued their scorching hot start to the season extending their streak of games without a regulation loss to start the season to 22. Their 2-1 shootout victory over rival Detroit this afternoon saw not just Corey Crawford stand out as a hero but Patrick Kane as well.
Kane scored late in the third period to tie the game at 1-1 and then sealed the victory up with a great shootout goal to send the Blackhawks rolling along in record fashion.
Kane’s game-tying goal was the kind of snipe we’ve come to love seeing out of No. 88. Jimmy Howard, probably not so much. Howard got more Kane torture with his slow skate-up and rip in the shootout.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos! This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 61
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63