Mar 3, 2013, 6:51 PM EDT
John Tavares‘ numbers say that he’s one of the best forwards in the NHL. Still, playing for the New York Islanders keeps him a little bit under the radar.
To get more credit, the 22-year-old star will need to dominate a highlight reel or two. He provided a memorable clip when he used “The Forsberg Move” to clinch the Islanders’ 3-2 shootout win on Sunday:
One has to feel a bit for Robin Lehner, who has been excellent in his first two NHL starts of 2013, yet he just has a shootout and an overtime loss to show for it.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18