Mar 3, 2013, 10:26 AM EST
General manager Steve Yzerman tells Erik Erlendsson of The Tampa Tribune that he doesn’t like the hassle the latest solution puts his team through when it comes to travel and competition.
“And logistically if it gets done the way it appears to be proposed certainly having four original six teams in our division is something I think our fanbase would appreciate . . . but again the traveling crossing the border and flying above Carolina and Washington to play teams in our own division those are things that we don’t like about it for our organization.”
In case you forgot, Tampa Bay and Florida would be the outliers in a new division with Detroit, Toronto, Ottawa, Buffalo, Montreal, and Boston. Having to deal with customs and border crossings is a pain, but a kind of necessary one in the hockey world.
If I were Tampa Bay, or more accurately Florida, I’d be more worried about visiting fans trying to take over my home arena each time. There’s no shortage of fans of those teams on the road.
Jan 29, 2015, 11:47 PM EST
So much for some rest for Frederik Andersen.
Jan 29, 2015, 11:17 PM EST
Two youngsters change teams.
Jan 29, 2015, 10:22 PM EST
A bit of a statement from Tampa Bay?
Jan 29, 2015, 9:51 PM EST
A bitter game at times.
Jan 29, 2015, 9:44 PM EST
Oliver Ekman-Larsson catches him sleeping.
Jan 29, 2015, 9:33 PM EST
Another strong game on NBCSN.
Jan 29, 2015, 8:49 PM EST
Nice applause in his return to Ottawa.
Jan 29, 2015, 8:19 PM EST
Jan 29, 2015, 7:12 PM EST
To some extent, it was about staying closer to the game.
Jan 29, 2015, 6:17 PM EST
Bask in a budding rivalry.
Jan 29, 2015, 5:28 PM EST
The first of a Thursday night doubleheader on NBCSN.
Jan 29, 2015, 4:36 PM EST
The Coyotes and Canucks, that’s who.
Jan 29, 2015, 3:36 PM EST
In the wake of the controversial injury to Derek Dorsett.
Jan 29, 2015, 3:29 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Jan 29, 2015, 3:07 PM EST
Hopefully he can stay healthy this time.
Jan 29, 2015, 2:45 PM EST
“Consistency is still a word that we use constantly around here, bringing it all the time, and being emotionally attached to the games.”
Jan 29, 2015, 2:21 PM EST
Just months after COO John Collins said that jersey sponsorship “is coming” to the league.
Jan 29, 2015, 2:06 PM EST
“We’ve gotten better, and we’ve got to keep getting better.”
Jan 29, 2015, 1:51 PM EST
But the reigning Stanley Cup champs will have to share the stage with another L.A. team.
Jan 29, 2015, 1:02 PM EST
Statically, he’s in a class by himself.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 2
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 14
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 32
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46