Mar 3, 2013, 11:12 PM EST
He wasn’t shy about sharing his disgust with ESPN’s Katie Strang, either.
“That’s not even a head shot. That’s stupidity,” Richards said.
The 32-year-old center went as far as to question Kaleta’s presence on the ice.
“If we’re all gonna look at each other’s numbers and ram each other from behind head-first into the boards it’s gonna be a tough game to play,” Richards said. “That’s not hockey. I don’t know what game he plays, actually.”
Kaleta, 26, declined to comment immediately after the game.
Richards told Strang that he was “very fortunate” to return quickly, but didn’t say that he’s totally out of the woods yet (he essentially said he’s OK … so far).
We’ll see if he’ll be good to go on Tuesday against the Philadelphia Flyers. Brendan Shanahan might be interested to see if he manages to play, too.
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 48
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 27
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 76
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 20
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 29
- Video: Fight erupts between Penguins and Capitals inside Pittsburgh’s bench 40
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (76)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)