Mar 3, 2013, 11:12 PM EST
He wasn’t shy about sharing his disgust with ESPN’s Katie Strang, either.
“That’s not even a head shot. That’s stupidity,” Richards said.
The 32-year-old center went as far as to question Kaleta’s presence on the ice.
“If we’re all gonna look at each other’s numbers and ram each other from behind head-first into the boards it’s gonna be a tough game to play,” Richards said. “That’s not hockey. I don’t know what game he plays, actually.”
Kaleta, 26, declined to comment immediately after the game.
Richards told Strang that he was “very fortunate” to return quickly, but didn’t say that he’s totally out of the woods yet (he essentially said he’s OK … so far).
We’ll see if he’ll be good to go on Tuesday against the Philadelphia Flyers. Brendan Shanahan might be interested to see if he manages to play, too.
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 38
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 15
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 81
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)