Mar 3, 2013, 11:12 PM EDT
He wasn’t shy about sharing his disgust with ESPN’s Katie Strang, either.
“That’s not even a head shot. That’s stupidity,” Richards said.
The 32-year-old center went as far as to question Kaleta’s presence on the ice.
“If we’re all gonna look at each other’s numbers and ram each other from behind head-first into the boards it’s gonna be a tough game to play,” Richards said. “That’s not hockey. I don’t know what game he plays, actually.”
Kaleta, 26, declined to comment immediately after the game.
Richards told Strang that he was “very fortunate” to return quickly, but didn’t say that he’s totally out of the woods yet (he essentially said he’s OK … so far).
We’ll see if he’ll be good to go on Tuesday against the Philadelphia Flyers. Brendan Shanahan might be interested to see if he manages to play, too.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 33
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6