Mar 3, 2013, 11:12 PM EDT
He wasn’t shy about sharing his disgust with ESPN’s Katie Strang, either.
“That’s not even a head shot. That’s stupidity,” Richards said.
The 32-year-old center went as far as to question Kaleta’s presence on the ice.
“If we’re all gonna look at each other’s numbers and ram each other from behind head-first into the boards it’s gonna be a tough game to play,” Richards said. “That’s not hockey. I don’t know what game he plays, actually.”
Kaleta, 26, declined to comment immediately after the game.
Richards told Strang that he was “very fortunate” to return quickly, but didn’t say that he’s totally out of the woods yet (he essentially said he’s OK … so far).
We’ll see if he’ll be good to go on Tuesday against the Philadelphia Flyers. Brendan Shanahan might be interested to see if he manages to play, too.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7