Mar 3, 2013, 9:01 PM EDT
When the New York Rangers scuttled their plans to sign Jason Arnott because of a failed physical, it seemed like it marked the end of the road for the 38-year-old forward.
He might just have another chance, however.
Arnott is reportedly meeting with his most recent team, the St. Louis Blues, according to RDS’ Renaud Lavoie. He doesn’t have a contract yet, as the Blues are examining his knee.
The Blues have been up and down lately, with a 2-3-1 record in their last six games. Perhaps Arnott can give them a shot in the arm, as he had a solid 17 goals and 34 points last season.
If nothing else, maybe he can help the team maintain a red-hot power play that leads the league with a 29.4 percent success rate.
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 13
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 46
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 65
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 19
- Official: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 32
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? 99
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 38
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 29
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 62
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 15
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (92)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (82)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games