Mar 3, 2013, 4:22 PM EDT
Renaud Lavoie from RDS reports Theodore has a torn groin muscle and it’s undecided whether or not he’ll need surgery to repair it. One way or another his season is in doubt because of the injury and prospect Jacob Markstrom has been called up from AHL San Antonio to take his spot.
With Markstrom and backup Scott Clemmensen now having to hold down the fort, this could fire up the Roberto Luongo-to-Florida rumors once again. The problem there is Florida likes the potential Markstrom has to be their No. 1 goalie in the future and GM Dale Tallon doesn’t feel pressure to make a deal, especially if it means giving up prized prospects, for the Vancouver star.
If Markstrom struggles and the burden to keep the Panthers playoff hopes alive falls to Clemmensen, don’t be surprised if Tallon starts calling British Columbia.
- Video: Stamkos scores first goal since returning to Lightning lineup 0
- Sedin backs Tortorella and staff: ‘We love playing for these coaches’ 18
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider 88
- Callahan: I wanted to stay in New York 35
- Playoff bubble watch — Wild edition 18
- Video: Ryan Kesler injured on knee-on-knee collision, on his way back to Vancouver 12
- Discuss: Bruins run over Habs in newest chapter of historic rivalry 26
- Peverley to undergo heart procedure, will miss rest of season 13
- Comeau gets two games for boarding Smith 9
- Three things the Canucks haven’t done well under Torts 22
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (88)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (72)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (61)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)