Mar 3, 2013, 4:22 PM EST
Renaud Lavoie from RDS reports Theodore has a torn groin muscle and it’s undecided whether or not he’ll need surgery to repair it. One way or another his season is in doubt because of the injury and prospect Jacob Markstrom has been called up from AHL San Antonio to take his spot.
With Markstrom and backup Scott Clemmensen now having to hold down the fort, this could fire up the Roberto Luongo-to-Florida rumors once again. The problem there is Florida likes the potential Markstrom has to be their No. 1 goalie in the future and GM Dale Tallon doesn’t feel pressure to make a deal, especially if it means giving up prized prospects, for the Vancouver star.
If Markstrom struggles and the burden to keep the Panthers playoff hopes alive falls to Clemmensen, don’t be surprised if Tallon starts calling British Columbia.
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 0
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 2
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 8
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 31
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 17
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 97
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (97)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (87)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)