Mar 3, 2013, 4:22 PM EDT
Renaud Lavoie from RDS reports Theodore has a torn groin muscle and it’s undecided whether or not he’ll need surgery to repair it. One way or another his season is in doubt because of the injury and prospect Jacob Markstrom has been called up from AHL San Antonio to take his spot.
With Markstrom and backup Scott Clemmensen now having to hold down the fort, this could fire up the Roberto Luongo-to-Florida rumors once again. The problem there is Florida likes the potential Markstrom has to be their No. 1 goalie in the future and GM Dale Tallon doesn’t feel pressure to make a deal, especially if it means giving up prized prospects, for the Vancouver star.
If Markstrom struggles and the burden to keep the Panthers playoff hopes alive falls to Clemmensen, don’t be surprised if Tallon starts calling British Columbia.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)