Mar 3, 2013, 4:22 PM EDT
Renaud Lavoie from RDS reports Theodore has a torn groin muscle and it’s undecided whether or not he’ll need surgery to repair it. One way or another his season is in doubt because of the injury and prospect Jacob Markstrom has been called up from AHL San Antonio to take his spot.
With Markstrom and backup Scott Clemmensen now having to hold down the fort, this could fire up the Roberto Luongo-to-Florida rumors once again. The problem there is Florida likes the potential Markstrom has to be their No. 1 goalie in the future and GM Dale Tallon doesn’t feel pressure to make a deal, especially if it means giving up prized prospects, for the Vancouver star.
If Markstrom struggles and the burden to keep the Panthers playoff hopes alive falls to Clemmensen, don’t be surprised if Tallon starts calling British Columbia.
- Lightning sign Brenden Morrow for one year 23
- Jackets sign Dubinsky through 2020-21 38
- AHL’s new overtime rules include 3-on-3 play 26
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 64
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 35
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 62
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 170
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 57
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery 59
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (170)
- Pros and cons of Subban filing for arbitration (67)
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration (64)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (62)