Mar 3, 2013, 4:22 PM EDT
Renaud Lavoie from RDS reports Theodore has a torn groin muscle and it’s undecided whether or not he’ll need surgery to repair it. One way or another his season is in doubt because of the injury and prospect Jacob Markstrom has been called up from AHL San Antonio to take his spot.
With Markstrom and backup Scott Clemmensen now having to hold down the fort, this could fire up the Roberto Luongo-to-Florida rumors once again. The problem there is Florida likes the potential Markstrom has to be their No. 1 goalie in the future and GM Dale Tallon doesn’t feel pressure to make a deal, especially if it means giving up prized prospects, for the Vancouver star.
If Markstrom struggles and the burden to keep the Panthers playoff hopes alive falls to Clemmensen, don’t be surprised if Tallon starts calling British Columbia.
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 17
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 61
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 8
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 23
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 31
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight (Update: Game-time decision) 60
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 34
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 21
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 94
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 104
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)