Mar 3, 2013, 11:52 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens didn’t just snatch first place in the Northeast Division and Eastern Conference with a 4-3 win against the Boston Bruins on Sunday. Some would argue they also got in their heads.
The rage boiled over when Milan Lucic and Zdeno Chara got into fights about 30 seconds apart, but the angriest person might just be head coach Claude Julien. He griped about Montreal drawing penalties to CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty.
“There was a lot of embellishment,” Julien said. “It’s pretty embarrassing for our game.”
Haggerty believes that Julien’s irritation isn’t just related to tonight’s contest.
Claude Julien metldown has been in making for a while now. This goes back to only getting 4 PP chances over 3 gms when they were on the road
— Joe Haggerty (@HackswithHaggs) March 4, 2013
The Bruins’ next game against Montreal takes place in Boston on March 27. After that, their final match of the 2013 season will happen in Montreal on April 6.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 0
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 38
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)