Mar 3, 2013, 11:52 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens didn’t just snatch first place in the Northeast Division and Eastern Conference with a 4-3 win against the Boston Bruins on Sunday. Some would argue they also got in their heads.
The rage boiled over when Milan Lucic and Zdeno Chara got into fights about 30 seconds apart, but the angriest person might just be head coach Claude Julien. He griped about Montreal drawing penalties to CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty.
“There was a lot of embellishment,” Julien said. “It’s pretty embarrassing for our game.”
Haggerty believes that Julien’s irritation isn’t just related to tonight’s contest.
Claude Julien metldown has been in making for a while now. This goes back to only getting 4 PP chances over 3 gms when they were on the road
— Joe Haggerty (@HackswithHaggs) March 4, 2013
The Bruins’ next game against Montreal takes place in Boston on March 27. After that, their final match of the 2013 season will happen in Montreal on April 6.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 0
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 17
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 24
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 23
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 17
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 53
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6