Mar 3, 2013, 11:52 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens didn’t just snatch first place in the Northeast Division and Eastern Conference with a 4-3 win against the Boston Bruins on Sunday. Some would argue they also got in their heads.
The rage boiled over when Milan Lucic and Zdeno Chara got into fights about 30 seconds apart, but the angriest person might just be head coach Claude Julien. He griped about Montreal drawing penalties to CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty.
“There was a lot of embellishment,” Julien said. “It’s pretty embarrassing for our game.”
Haggerty believes that Julien’s irritation isn’t just related to tonight’s contest.
Claude Julien metldown has been in making for a while now. This goes back to only getting 4 PP chances over 3 gms when they were on the road
— Joe Haggerty (@HackswithHaggs) March 4, 2013
The Bruins’ next game against Montreal takes place in Boston on March 27. After that, their final match of the 2013 season will happen in Montreal on April 6.
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 15
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 7
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 10
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 41
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 91
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Playoffs Tonight: We’re tied going into Boston 9
- Writer: NHL playoffs are ‘annoying’ 79
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL