Mar 3, 2013, 5:34 PM EDT
While Artem Anisimov seemed to avoid a new injury, the Columbus Blue Jackets didn’t get through Sunday unscathed. Defenseman Nikita Nikitin suffered an upper-body issue and didn’t return against the Colorado Avalanche today, according to the Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline.
If Nikitin, 26, is out for an extended amount of time, it would add another player to the team’s swelling injury list.
Looking at defensemen alone, Nikitin could be added to a list that includes John Moore (upper-body), James Wisniewski (foot) and Jack Johnson (upper-body). Forwards Derick Brassard and Brandon Dubinsky are also dealing with bumps and bruises of their own.
Nikitin produced a meager four points and a -4 rating in 18 games going into Sunday, but with an average of 22:35 minutes per game, it’s clear that Columbus is in danger of losing another important piece.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Without Shea Weber, Predators can’t contain Hawks in Game 3 14
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 19
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 88
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 70
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 167
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (167)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (88)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)