Mar 3, 2013, 8:35 PM EST
Weather issues forced the Vancouver Canucks to arrive in Calgary for Sunday’s game against the Flames later than anticipated, but that’s not the only challenge they’ll face tonight.
The team must cope without defenseman Kevin Bieksa, who’s out with a groin injury, according to Sportsnet’s Dan Murphy. It’s likely that Bieksa, 31, is still hampered by the same issue that sidelined him for two games in late February.
Injuries to players such as Bieksa have opened the door for Cam Barker to make his Canucks debut. The 26-year-old hasn’t lived up to the billing of being the third overall pick of the 2004 NHL Draft, but he’ll get his first chance to prove that he at least deserves to be an everyday player.
Many would argue that’s not the case.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 56
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 17
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 34
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 51
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 67
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)