Mar 3, 2013, 8:35 PM EDT
Weather issues forced the Vancouver Canucks to arrive in Calgary for Sunday’s game against the Flames later than anticipated, but that’s not the only challenge they’ll face tonight.
The team must cope without defenseman Kevin Bieksa, who’s out with a groin injury, according to Sportsnet’s Dan Murphy. It’s likely that Bieksa, 31, is still hampered by the same issue that sidelined him for two games in late February.
Injuries to players such as Bieksa have opened the door for Cam Barker to make his Canucks debut. The 26-year-old hasn’t lived up to the billing of being the third overall pick of the 2004 NHL Draft, but he’ll get his first chance to prove that he at least deserves to be an everyday player.
Many would argue that’s not the case.
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 4
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 17
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 22
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 64
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 85
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 9
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 56
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 38
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (85)
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights