Mar 3, 2013, 8:35 PM EST
Weather issues forced the Vancouver Canucks to arrive in Calgary for Sunday’s game against the Flames later than anticipated, but that’s not the only challenge they’ll face tonight.
The team must cope without defenseman Kevin Bieksa, who’s out with a groin injury, according to Sportsnet’s Dan Murphy. It’s likely that Bieksa, 31, is still hampered by the same issue that sidelined him for two games in late February.
Injuries to players such as Bieksa have opened the door for Cam Barker to make his Canucks debut. The 26-year-old hasn’t lived up to the billing of being the third overall pick of the 2004 NHL Draft, but he’ll get his first chance to prove that he at least deserves to be an everyday player.
Many would argue that’s not the case.
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 32
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 1
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 16
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 27
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 23
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)