Mar 2, 2013, 6:51 PM EST
Steven Stamkos earned the NHL’s first star of the month for February, and while the Tampa Bay Lightning fell 3-2 to the Boston Bruins on Saturday, the all-world sniper started March off with another goal.
Stamkos, 23, extended his point streak to nine games and notched his 15th tally of 2013 on this tough angle shot:
He improved his league-leading points total to 32.
Stamkos is just six goals away from the 200-goal plateau. The way things are going, he might just get there before the end of the month.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 38
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 63
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 19
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 13
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 69
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)