Mar 2, 2013, 6:51 PM EDT
Steven Stamkos earned the NHL’s first star of the month for February, and while the Tampa Bay Lightning fell 3-2 to the Boston Bruins on Saturday, the all-world sniper started March off with another goal.
Stamkos, 23, extended his point streak to nine games and notched his 15th tally of 2013 on this tough angle shot:
He improved his league-leading points total to 32.
Stamkos is just six goals away from the 200-goal plateau. The way things are going, he might just get there before the end of the month.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 9
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 38
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)