Mar 2, 2013, 6:51 PM EDT
Steven Stamkos earned the NHL’s first star of the month for February, and while the Tampa Bay Lightning fell 3-2 to the Boston Bruins on Saturday, the all-world sniper started March off with another goal.
Stamkos, 23, extended his point streak to nine games and notched his 15th tally of 2013 on this tough angle shot:
He improved his league-leading points total to 32.
Stamkos is just six goals away from the 200-goal plateau. The way things are going, he might just get there before the end of the month.
- West update: Stars blow lead yet still improve hold on wild card spot 4
- East update: Red Wings eke out shootout win for key points 0
- Luongo continues to foil Schneider as Panthers damage Devils’ playoff hopes 3
- TGIF: In which we salivate over potential playoff matchups 10
- Backstrom to receive silver medal, IOC says Sweden doctor ‘made a serious error’ 29
- Pens lose Neal to concussion 60
- Here are the top 10 and bottom 10 goalies in even-strength save percentage 22
- Weekend preview: Flyers-Pens rivalry renewed, Bruins look to stay hot 12
- Video: Stamkos scores first goal since returning to Lightning lineup 4
- Sedin backs Tortorella and staff: ‘We love playing for these coaches’ 26
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Pens lose Neal to concussion (60)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)