Mar 2, 2013, 6:04 PM EDT
When you’re the new guy, you usually want to make a good first impression.
In office environments, it might mean picking up some pastries. In the NHL, it helps to score a goal, deliver a big hit or drop the gloves.
Still, sometimes it’s more about the gesture than winning or losing a fight. His Capitals teammates now know that Volpatti, 27, is willing to take on the league’s designated punchers.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54